Is there anyone left after Cejudo?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After MM beats Henry Cejudo , is there anyone left in the division for DJ MM to fight? Any upcoming talent? Are the UFC making any money on the 125ers? Maybe it's time to get rid of the division.

I think Joseph Benavidez earned his right for a third fight with Mighty Mouse with 5 wins in a row.

Joe B

Scoggins/Ngyen winner, Smolka or even Formiga can be potential contenders

This is more a problem of having such a dominant champ in a new division. Benavidez deserves another shot. After that MM may have to start taking the odd fight at 135 if he wants to stay active.

Joe B and then hopefully McCall gets his shit together. Everyone else are still prospects working their way up.

Cejudo is going to win.

Lineker could have been great but he can't make weight

Jussier Formiga, IIRC, is the only guy in the top ten (from a few months ago when I looked it up) that Demetrious Johnson hasn't faced yet, but that's because Formiga has been beaten by another top five guy (maybe Benavidez).

Jussier Formiga, IIRC, is the only guy in the top ten (from a few months ago when I looked it up) that Demetrious Johnson hasn't faced yet, but that's because Formiga has been beaten by another top five guy (maybe Benavidez).
he was TKO'd to both Dodson and Benavidez, but has close fight with Cejudo (split dec loss)

Two years ago I said Scoggins had the best chance to dethrone Mighty Mouse and If he didn't give Moraga a free sub he'd be ranked like top 3-5 right now. That was one of the most retarded fights I've ever seen. Hopefully he learned from that loss (it looks like he has).

Two years ago I said Scoggins had the best chance to dethrone Mighty Mouse and If he didn't give Moraga a free sub he'd be ranked like top 3-5 right now.
Scoggins looked good, i thought Borg was the future contender for MM, but looks like Scoggins is on his way, but now he faces Ngyen who is dangerous guy

Cejudo is going to win.
I don't think so. Mighty Mouse looked hella sharp in the Dodson fight and Henry has a giant head to hit. His hair helmet also makes him easier to choke. I could see DJ guillotining him off a shot like he was about to do to Moraga before time ran out.

Joe B I guess

Horiguchi might be able to make his way up too, his title shot was premature, I'd say he's 2-3 wins away

I don't think so. Mighty Mouse looked hella sharp in the Dodson fight and Henry has a giant head to hit. His hair helmet also makes him easier to choke. I could see DJ guillotining him off a shot like he was about to do to Moraga before time ran out.

I just have a hunch he's gonna get it done.

I just have a hunch he's gonna get it done.
He just doesn't have a lot going for him. Aside from the fighting aspect, he also has a history of weight issues and is going up against a pressure fighter with endless cardio. Plus, no IV. That doesn't bode well for him.

but I'm still interested in the fight because Henry is teeming with self-belief which leads me to believe he won't lay down like a bitch, so we'll either get a competitive fight or I'll witness an Olympic gold medalist with a huge head - literally and figuratively - be humbled by a high school wrestler.

He just doesn't have a lot going for him. Aside from the fighting aspect, he also has a history of weight issues and is going up against a pressure fighter with endless cardio. Plus, no IV. That doesn't bode well for him.

but I'm still interested in the fight because Henry is teeming with self confidence which leads me to believe he won't lay down like a bitch, so we'll either get a competitive fight or I'll witness an Olympic gold medalist with a huge head - literally and figuratively - be humbled by a high school wrestler.

I agree that his weight issues may cause him to gas but well, I just believe his wrestling will be the key-factor. I don't think MM will get him down unless Cejudo is really tired, which is a possibility but I do believe Cejudo can get MM down early on, while it won't be easy due to MM being an elusive guy. I do think it's very possible though. Striking wise, I'd have to give that aspect to MM but I think Cejudo will make it a close contest there.

I just have a hunch he will win but I won't be surprised if he loses. We shall see.

Back