When did this happen in Jones vs DC 1?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
12744762_948095838560717_3134898592937220537_n.jpg

SOURCE
Around 1:47

I think it was end of round 2/3 - Jones pulled guard.

Jones jumped and pulled guard at the end of round 3.

Did the same move against Rashad.

Jones always makes something when he hears last 10 sec gong or clapping or whatever it is

UFC-135-Jones-Jackson-gif-4-flying-triangle.gif

Tried to pull guard, it came out sloppy against DC that time.

UFC-135-Jones-Jackson-gif-4-flying-triangle.gif

Tried to pull guard, it came out sloppy against DC that time.

Dart, don't think I've talked to you in a bit. What are your thoughts on Jones/Cormier 2? Regular opinion is on Jones and rightfully so. I'm just wondering your thoughts on the fight as you have consistently shown to have a good measure of Jones as a fighter.

This brings up a good point about the misconceptions of being on your back—everyone assume it's because you were taken or knocked down, thus, you were "losing" that portion of the fight.

In the case of pulling guard, it shouldn't be considered a takedown for the other fighter by the judges, nor should it really be considered being in a "disadvantageous" position.

Dart, don't think I've talked to you in a bit. What are your thoughts on Jones/Cormier 2? Regular opinion is on Jones and rightfully so. I'm just wondering your thoughts on the fight as you have consistently shown to have a good measure of Jones as a fighter.

Likewise, with you and Cormier. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near sober atm and don't foresee that changing until the new week.

Cheers

I feel like he does it just for the hell of it. It's not like he's going to pull off a sub with 10 seconds left.

Back