Brandon Thatch out of UFN 82, fight rescheduled for UFC 196

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Via Sherdog.com

"The change comes as a result of Thatch being unable to receive clearance to fight from the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission for using a “medication permitted under the UFC/USADA, WADA and Nevada State Athletic Commission anti-doping rules,” according to a statement released by the Las Vegas-based promotion on Friday night. The medication Thatch was using was not specified."

“The Colorado fighter and his team have been in communication with the UFC and USADA throughout this process, and the required paperwork for licensing in Nevada has been filed,” the statement read."

Meanwhile, Thatch-Bahadurzada joins a UFC 196 card that is headlined by a lightweight title tilt between Rafael dos Anjos and Conor McGregor. The March 5 event takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will also see Holly Holm defend her bantamweight strap against Miesha Tate in the co-feature.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Th...a-Moved-to-UFC-196-100175#iutv6EU8OMxtCYPK.99

Definitely was looking forward to watching this one next Sunday. Just happy they were able to reschedule it so soon

They know they are not suppose to have anything in their system the UFC needs a zero tolerance policy so anybody caught gets cut this way they would quit screwing these cards up.

So he was using something that was legal and declared to Nevada but Pennsylvania don't like it?

In case anyone was looking forward to seeing this fight at the Pittsburgh event like I was!

Sucks for people who bought a ticket to that card hoping to see that fight.

Ufc 196 probably done

Ufc 196
Connor vs RDA LW title
Holm vs Tate wbw title
Anderson vs Lawlor
Latifi vs Villante
Nunes vs Valentina

Prelims
Miller vs Sanchez
Silva vs Taleb
Thatch vs Siyar
Elkins vs Skelly
Erosa vs Ishihara
Saggo vs Salas
Miranda vs Guimaraes

Move Erosa to the Cowboy card nobody wants to see anybody from TUF22 they were all terrible.

They're going to screw the prelims for 196 up immensely.

Yes a fight pass prelim is going to ruin the entire card
Who said one prelim? 194 & 189 prelims were far better than the ones for 196.

They need a couple of fringe contenders where the fight has at least a little significance.

Who said one prelim? 194 & 189 prelims were far better than the ones for 196.

They need a couple of fringe contenders where the fight has at least a little significance.

Ufc 189 prelims
Brown vs Means
Garcia vs Swick
Howard vs Pendred
Garbrandt vs Briones

Ufc 196
Diego vs Jim Miller
Thatch vs Siyar
Latifi vs Villante
Silva vs Taleb

There is no appreciable difference in prelim cards.

Ufc 189 prelims
Brown vs Means
Garcia vs Swick
Howard vs Pendred
Garbrandt vs Briones

Ufc 196
Diego vs Jim Miller
Thatch vs Siyar
Latifi vs Villante
Silva vs Taleb

There is no appreciable difference in prelim cards.
No love is a prospect a lot of people have their eye on, Matt Brown is a fringe contender plus him & Means are always in good fights. I can't remember Garcia vs. Swick. Pendred was there because they wanted more Irish fighters on the card probably.

You shouldn't have purposely excluded the 194 prelims to fit your argument.

194 prelims dumps on 196, Sanchez vs. Miller is the FP prelims which I can appreciate, Latifi vs. Villante is a solid fight. Thatch is neither here nor there. Erick Silva is just severely overrated.

I still stand by my argument which is 189 & 194 prelims are better than 196, 194 by far.

Back