About 196

markys00

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know I know I know we have 2 title fights and one of them is a super champ vs champ.. but does anyone else feel like one more bigish fight should have been on it?

Lightweight Rafael dos Anjos (c) vs Conor McGregor [a]
Women's Bantamweight Holly Holm (c) vs. Miesha Tate
Light Heavyweight Corey Anderson vs. Tom Lawlor
Welterweight Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb
Featherweight Darren Elkins vs. Chas Skelly

Lightweight Diego Sanchez vs. Jim Miller
Women's Bantamweight Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Lightweight Justin Salas vs. Jason Saggo
Featherweight Julian Erosa vs. Teruto Ishihara
Light Heavyweight Gian Villante vs. Ilir Latifi
Welterweight Brandon Thatch vs. Siyar Bahadurzada

is that really the main card? i mean, i feel like something is missing. i like them, but the first three fights on the main card could be a fight night card. hell, even holm vs tate couldve been a fight night/fox main event with those 3 fights underneath it.

what you guys say?

spoiled i guess. but its a ppv. at this point we should have some names. we have bigger fox/fs1 cards sometimes than this

EDIT: I guess Penn vs TBA fell through as did ferguson vs johnson... those were the "biggish" fights. damnit. sorta answered my own question. but still, no replacements kind of a shame.

The Ufc is stretching its self thin, and there are a lot of other big cards coming up.
They're relying on their stars at this point sell a card and they were shooting for their two biggest, it just did not work out.

It's definitely top heavy, and not just because Miesha is on it, but the UFC really doesn't have enough "big fights" to stack the volume of cards they produce these days.

yeah bad undercard
the rumours were Nate vs Pettis wou;d be the third fight but dont think it will get done in 3 weeks

Yeah pretty shit card ah well I'll get my money's worth watching Conor kill RDA, and Brazil explode

wow i thought i would get some flak for this. but considering some of he previous fox and fs1 cards we had, some of those were better than this card (minus the main event of course)

Main event is a must see. Holm/Tate will be interesting, hoping Tate can pull it off. A lot of the rest is meh but some of those guys are relevant and they obviously all need to fight whether we're fans of them or not. Erick Silva is dangerous and fun to watch but not top level and I think they think Corey Anderson may be top 10 in a shitty division soon so it's good to get him on a main card. Wouldn't count out Lawlor though considering Villante took out Anderson.

wow i thought i would get some flak for this. but considering some of he previous fox and fs1 cards we had, some of those were better than this card (minus the main event of course)

Hell yeah. UFC on Fox: Nurmy vs Fergie is stacked as hell.

Would be nice, I know what you mean. but at this point Conor vs RDA (or anyone atm) will sell and having Tate Holm is nice support. Greasy they are when it comes to this trend of top heavy, no denying.

Diego should be main carding

Diego vs Miller definitely

Its 2 incredible title fights, 7 fights that are FN main card worthy and 2 FP prelims(Erosa/Salas fights).

We'll live fellas

The Ufc is stretching its self thin, and there are a lot of other big cards coming up.
They're relying on their stars at this point sell a card and they were shooting for their two biggest, it just did not work out.

No, the UFC gave us an incredible month span between late November/December and now we have to deal with some less then stacked card. Hey we could do the balanced cards all year round and just forget about UFC 200. Not the world i wanna live in though. Give me the stacked cards and I'll deal with the meh ones, that happen to be headlined by the biggest star in the sport.

The UFC sold this card with 2 fights, im not sure what you think didnt work or that it matters about other big cards coming up. 197, UFC on Fox 19 and 198 all look good and will be more stacked probably due to not having that superstar on the card.

In preparation of the biggest battle Earth has ever head, UFC 200 this was the right thing for the Lord Dana White to do in order to preserve fighters.

Main and comain are great so it elevates the whole card.

Two title fights works for me. Sanchez/Miller should be great. I think they are testing to see if Conor can crack a mil with an average card. The last two he was on were loaded.

Back