Double Standard: MMA Fighters & Bill Murray

Foggy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So everyone's seen the thread about Tito getting arrested over a cell phone.

But what happens when BFM does it? Nothing.

Hollywood star Bill Murray in 'mobile phone rage' incident
  • 13 February 2016

_88251659_88251658.jpg

Hollywood actor Bill Murray has offered to pay for mobile phones he allegedly threw from a rooftop California bar after their owners tried to take photos of him.

Mr Murray was annoyed by camera flashes after "star struck" fans spotted him at the lounge in the seaside town of Carmel, the TMZ website reports.

He is alleged to have grabbed at least two phones before throwing them.

Police reportedly spoke to the star but have decided not to press charges.

The owners were happy to be compensated rather than press charges, TMZ quoted police as saying.

The website said the actor was "hanging out" at the Vesuvio rooftop lounge, "a popular watering hole for celebs" playing in an annual golf tournament.

The owner of the restaurant told TMZ that Mr Murray had not been drinking at the bar but got angry when "a few patrons got star struck and took his picture".

"The flashes were going off only 10 feet away from Bill," the owner said, "and he got so angry he got up and chucked their phones off the second storey rooftop."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35566435

Bill Murray is a celebrity. Tito is an MMA fighter.

Bill Murray is still alive? I thought he died a long time ago. Didn't he play a prank on some kid who shot him in a state of panic?

If somebody films you without your consent, you should be allowed to take their phone or camera or whatever. TMZ society is a mess.

Yeah, this is an MMA site. Tito is an MMA fighter.

Bill Murray is the man. That, and no one's trying to take a photo of Tito.

he probably scared the shit outta them.

I love Bill Murray.

Last edited:
If somebody films you without your consent, you should be allowed to take their phone or camera or whatever. TMZ society is a mess.

That'd get really stupid really fast in a public area. So if I'm taking a pic of my friend in a restaurant and I get some guy in the background who is cheating on his wife then he can take my phone.

When Tito or Ken get desperate enough for a win that they get Bill Murray into the cage, I'll care about that here.

That'd get really stupid really fast in a public area. So if I'm taking a pic of my friend in a restaurant and I get some guy in the background who is cheating on his wife then he can take my phone.

No, if you make the person the subject of your photo without their consent, or can be demonstrated to be using a "fake" subject as a facade to film someone in the background.

Anyway, there are two extremes: the current "anything goes, and goes up on YouTube" and people grabbing cameras of innocent people like a bunch of muggers. What's appropriate is somewhere in the middle.

What kind of wuss lets a retirement age old man grab his phone and throw it off a building? Especially since he just did it to someone else.

Bill Fucking Murray = All-Time Great Actor. Chito? Pfft. Chito could never be a Ghostbuster or the million other parts that Murray has lived.

Foggy - why don't you get the love? Didn't someone just create a thread the other day hating on you? Sheesh.

Please don't re-post a link to that thread. It makes me uncomfortable.

Back