The only WW I see who could be a tough matchup for Wonderboy

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
tumerov-wins.png

DamagedEmptyKoodoo.gif

Hes not gonna be a deer in the headlights in long range. He has arguably the cleanest hands in the division. Good defense, good kicks and wrestling is not a way u beat Wonderboy as we have seen now. He outwrestled Jake and completely nullified Hendricks wrestling whos the best wrestler and physically strongest 170er. Wonderboy doesnt have the best clinch and Brown beat him up there even tho he got outstruck badly and nearly KOd from range, but its improved. Tumenov has a good enough clinch to make Wonderboy think about it too.

Rorys overall game and transitions might be the only other WW right now who could give him problems. I dont see Robbie, Woodley, Lombard etc. having much of a shot. Carlos diversity and unorthodox attack could confuse and halt Wonderboy for a while but eventually one of his sniper counterpunches will hurt Carlos and he would finish him IMO

Wonderboy would finish Condit?

Paint chips aren't made for eating.

tumerov-wins.png

DamagedEmptyKoodoo.gif

Hes not gonna be a deer in the headlights in long range. He has arguably the cleanest hands in the division. Good defense, good kicks and wrestling is not a way u beat Wonderboy as we have seen now. He outwrestled Jake and completely nullified Hendricks wrestling whos the best wrestler and physically strongest 170er. Wonderboy doesnt have the best clinch and Brown beat him up there even tho he got outstruck badly and nearly KOd from range, but its improved. Tumenov has a good enough clinch to make Wonderboy think about it too.

Rorys overall game and transitions might be the only other WW right now who could give him problems. I dont see Robbie, Woodley, Lombard etc. having much of a shot. Carlos diversity and unorthodox attack could confuse and halt Wonderboy for a while but eventually one of his sniper counterpunches will hurt Carlos and he would finish him IMO
Who the hell is this guy?

Wonderboy would finish Condit?

Paint chips aren't made for eating.

Bet you said the same about Hendricks. Wonderboy could knockout anyone in the division, period.

Carlos has a GOAT chin but its bound to crack eventually. It nearly did twice against Robbie. He cant take too many Wonderboy counterpunches.

You think he wouldn't? Condit wouldn't last in a 5 round fight with Wonderboy.
Given that Condit has never been knocked out in a fight, yes, I think he wouldn't be knocked out in a fight with Wonderboy.

Tumerov is the champ by the end of 2017. That's whole hands down way of fighting is not smart vs him. I'd love to see Tumerov vs Hendricks next.

Condit or Diaz are both durable and dangerous enough to present a healthy threat to anyone in the WW division.

Slow the roll on the out of control hype for Wonder Boy. I know he's the flavor of the minute but dam he's beaten 1 guy worth mentioning, 1 that's it. He may be champ some day but I'm not a prisoner of the moment guy, beat some other top contenders first, oh and I think Maia would crush him

Judging by the AV and pumping up this unproven fighter, it's safe to say TS has a thing for former Soviet block fighters.

He barely beat Larkin and Wonderboy is like way ahead in terms of striking. WB finishes Tumenov within 1.

Wonderbra is good and all but I can't help but get the beating Matt Brown put on him out of my head. I know it was so long ago, but feels like yesterday. His wrestling was so bad in that fight Joe Rogan commentary was laughably awesome. Also, Wonderbra and Brown totally got screwed for fotn that night.

Tumenov and Wonderboy are the best strikers in the division IMO, including Robbie/Condit/Rory.

WW is pretty stacked, so many fun fights since GSP left!

He barely beat Larkin and Wonderboy is like way ahead in terms of striking. WB finishes Tumenov within 1.

Wonderboy barely beat Nah Shon Burrell and Larkin beat Robbie.

Wonderboy is way ahead of everyone in the division in terms of striking. Albert might be the 2nd best striker tho. He wont freeze up from Stephens kicks and walk into counterpunches like the others. His boxing is better arguably the best. He can fight on the outside as well as anyone not named Wonderboy. He can challenge him and his combinations and hands will be trouble

I think the long, durable guys all give Wonderboy challenges. He's looked great against opponents he can dictate range against like Hendricks (5'9") and Ellenberger (5'9"), but long dudes like Rory, Condit, Browne and even Tumenov will give him troubles.

Sherdog is quick to claim he's that great but we need to see him avenge a style like Browne's first.

Wonderboy barely beat Nah Shon Burrell and Larkin beat Robbie.

Wonderboy is way ahead of everyone in the division in terms of striking. Albert might be the 2nd best striker tho. He wont freeze up from Stephens kicks and walk into counterpunches like the others. His boxing is better arguably the best. He can fight on the outside as well as anyone not named Wonderboy. He can challenge him and his combinations and hands will be trouble
Let's talk about WB now & Tumenov now...Forget how wonderboy has looked before. He outwrestled Berger & stuffed Hendricks with ease. Brown will get finished in rd1. He is the same Matt Brown. Wonderboy has shown a great deal of improvement since that fight. It's undeniable.

Lol Hendricks attempted 1 takedown dude. I hardly call that shutting his wrestling down.

Back