Sherdog Top Ten Brazilian fighters appreciation thread

Sigoff2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A bunch of nerds immediately spewed diarrhea out of their mouths all over this list in the other thread. Noobs can be smelled a mile away arguing for Werdum over Nog. " Career accomplishments and impact on the sport". What part of that didn't you understand? Nog beat Werdum once and he was beating top Hws while Werdum was in MMA diapers.

The list was excellent but where was Maia? This guy had an excellent MW career and has been wrecking the WW division for ages now. He is the reason it is the most elite division in MMA history imo. (Unless you want to argue PRIDE HW which would be fine). Noone gets into WW top ten who hasn't proven their greatness. A fighter like Laflare or Gunnar may crack it, but noone stays without constantly evolving.

I have no problem with that list without only the lack of mention of Ricardo Arona. Not even in the honorable mention. I was like WTF.

Not having Anderson a clear number 1 makes the list a joke.

Nog is one of my favorite all time fighters, but I wouldn't even have him in the top 5.

1. Spider

Then in no particular order

Shogun
Belfort
Aldo
Werdum

Then

Nog
Wand
JDS
Royce
Barao

Anderson and big nog are interchangeable, after that its really what division had depth when these fighters were winning, and how you value those wins and their impacts on mma history.

It's almost impossible to read those articles since I feel bad for the writers and all the diarrhea that people splurt at the bottom of each page.

Big Nog and Anderson are top 2,then every one else.
Machida should be there too but not that high.

Honestly, does the order even matter.

Anderson, Aldo, Nogueira, Werdum, Wanderlei, Shogun, and Vitor. Name those guys and you've named all the Brazilians who had long successful careers.

Anderson
Aldo
Nog
Shogun
Werdum
RDA
JDS
Lyoto
Wand
Vitor

Anderson's level of competition was way lower respectively
I have no problem seeing him second especially since Nog is "responsible" for convincing him not to quit the sport ( and we know what happened then...)
Machida should have been there instead of JDS too

Andersen
Nog
Wand
Aldo
Werdum
Shogun
Vitor
Machida
Royce
JDS

Anderson over Nog.
Nog over Werdum.
Werdum over JDS.

In my own personal list, Aldo would
be number one, but I'm not brazilian
so I can't really call it.

By the way, was this list made by a
brazilian? It would be most appropriate.

Shogun, Wandy, Vitor, Royce and Rizzo
should all be on that list. Bustamante
should be an honorable mention, as
well as Maia and Pele

Anderson
Nog
Aldo
Shogun
Wand
Werdum
Vitor
JDS