UFN 82 first card to feature 14 fights since UFC 2

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Pretty sure I heard Anik say this when they were talking about this card, during the last card. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Do you think with more and more fighters complaining about sitting out to long, this will become the new normal?

Here's the card set for n next Saturday

UFN 83- Cowboy vs Cowboy
2/21/16
Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
Main Card (FOX Sports 1)
Donald Cerrone vs Alex Oliveira
Derek Brunson vs Roan Carnerio
John Lineker vs Cody Garbradnt
Dennis Bermudez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
Brandon Thatch vs Siyar Bahadurzada
Shane Campbell vs James Krause

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Alex Garcia vs Sean Strickland
Chris Camozzi vs Joe Riggs
Daniel Sarafian vs Oluwale Bamgbose
Trevor Smith vs Leonardo Augusto

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Marion Reneau vs Ashlee Evans Smith
Sarah Moras vs Lauren Murphy
Anthony Hamilton vs Shamil Abdurahimov
Jonavin Webb vs Nathan Coy

Mostly bad card imo.
but Brandon Thatch vs Siyar Bahadurzada & Alex Garcia vs Sean Strickland shoulb be fun match up

Not a fan of this. Cards should have LESS fights not more.

I'm sure i don't speak for everyone, but It's hard to stay in front of a TV for close to 4-6 hours.

If a fight card had 4 prelim fights and 4-5 main card fights I'd actually bother to watch every fight. maybe if they didn't have SO MUCH filler between each fight it'd be alright especially for the fight pass prelim stuff.

14 fights doesn't really excite me when the card looks like that. That's 6.5 hours of average content. Of course this just happens to be the card I'm attending lol.

Donald Cerrone vs Alex Oliveira
Derek Brunson vs Roan Carnerio
John Lineker vs Cody Garbradnt
Dennis Bermudez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
Brandon Thatch vs Siyar Bahadurzada

Marion Reneau vs Ashlee Evans Smith
Best fights right here.
Honorable mention to CheeseCAKES

Cowboy with the upset.
Carneiro by sub in the second
Lineker by dec
Bermudez by choke
Thatch by ring rust
Reneau by sub

That's gonna be a shit ton of ads...

Not a fan of this. Cards should have LESS fights not more.

I'm sure i don't speak for everyone, but It's hard to stay in front of a TV for close to 4-6 hours.

If a fight card had 4 prelim fights and 4-5 main card fights I'd actually bother to watch every fight. maybe if they didn't have SO MUCH filler between each fight it'd be alright especially for the fight pass prelim stuff.

Your point is completely valid but I honestly would stay in front of TV for 10 hours straight to watch UFC fights live

That being said,UFC doesn't serve to hardcores so you are correct

The London event was also supposed to have 14 as well, but Manuwa vs. Krylov got cancelled.

There's just not much implication on the line. If John Lineker wins there's an outside shot you put him in a title eliminator (maybe vs. Almedia?). But other then that I feel like this is a card to help some semi-interesting talent rebound from a loss.

Love it.

Don't mind more fights on these cards. I have no problem watching UFC for 6-7 hours straight.

Any reasons to be interested in one of the below fights? I'm attending so could use some narratives to familiarize myself with.

- Dennis Bermudez vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
- Shane Campbell vs James Krause
- Chris Camozzi vs Joe Riggs
- Daniel Sarafian vs Oluwale Bamgbose
- Trevor Smith vs Leonardo Augusto
- Marion Reneau vs Ashlee Evans Smith
- Sarah Moras vs Lauren Murphy
- Anthony Hamilton vs Shamil Abdurahimov
- Jonavin Webb vs Nathan Coy

Ufc getting smarter about tv time. Alot of the time there is a round 1 finish. You have to wait for the next fight for about 20-30 mins. If there is more fights on the card, Instead of waiting after quick-finish, it will be on to the next fight without 20-30 min wait

FYI: The card is on Sunday, Feb 21st, not Saturday.

Ufc getting smarter about tv time. Alot of the time there is a round 1 finish. You have to wait for the next fight for about 20-30 mins. If there is more fights on the card, Instead of waiting after quick-finish, it will be on to the next fight without 20-30 min wait
That's not true. There's the same amount of televised fights as always, just more on fightpass.

You guys dogging on this card are insane. It should a super fun ass night fights.

Best fights right here.
Honorable mention to CheeseCAKES

Cowboy with the upset.
Carneiro by sub in the second
Lineker by dec
Bermudez by choke
Thatch by ring rust
Reneau by sub
Garcia/Strickland is a freakin awesome fights as well. Same with the Krause/Campbell fight. No way either of those fights won't deliver in my opinion. The Sarafian/Bamgbose fight should be pretty action packed as well. The Camozzi/Riggs fight could either be a total scrap, or a complete snooze fest. I'll bet this turns out to be an awesome card with a bunch of finishes. Lots of action fights

Garcia/Strickland is a freakin awesome fights as well. Same with the Krause/Campbell fight. No way either of those fights won't deliver in my opinion. The Sarafian/Bamgbose fight should be pretty action packed as well. The Camozzi/Riggs fight could either be a total scrap, or a complete snooze fest. I'll bet this turns out to be an awesome card with a bunch of finishes. Lots of action fights
Respect to riggs... Dudes old
school. But I only enjoy a handful
of his fights. Camozzi doesn't do
it for me and neither does garcia...
garcia wrestle fucked swick....
hopefully Strickland can stop
the takedown and force his hand.

Sarafian is entertaining, for sure.
Just don't know that other dude.

Should be an above average card.
Certainly isn't on the
marquardt/okami
or te huna/ marquardt level

Some of those random cards
produce the best quality fights
though, for sure. I remember
some Brazilian card last year,
I think in goiana was sick.
tons of subs.

Same with that random hendo/
Boetsch card. So I get what
you're saying. But no real stand
out finishers imo... more skill
& scrap than dangerous finishers.
But no doubt, I'll be watching

Oh that's just for when one gets cancelled. I've seen 14 fight cards before

Best 14-fight card ever: BUSHIDO 9 !!!! Maybe one bad fight (Minowa-Baroni 2)

UFN 82 is nothing special, but it's got fun matchups and literally every fight has my interest on some level.

Back