People who think Conor will get into RDA head forget that Anjos fought Pettis, Henderson, Cowboy

L

Lissove

He was underdog against dangerous opponents and has his share of suffered losses. Cowboy was trying to get to his head and accused him of roids among saying other things. He is relatively new in lightweight division and still is unpopular, and all of his opponents, asides being dangerous, were much more popular than him coming into the fight. Conor is just yet another popular fighter for him to overcome.

Agree, but partially, their trash talk was weak and staredowns not as intimidating as Conor's

RDA's interview in the MMA hour the other day was pretty good. I'd say he is either unaffected by these mind games or hiding it pretty well, but ofc we'll only know the truth once the fight begins.

What people aren't forgetting is Conor isn't:

"Our God is an Awesome God" Henderson
"Chokes in Big Fights" Cerrone or
"Wrestle-fucked by Guida" Pettis

Benson, Pettis & Cerrone were more popular when they fought RDA than McGregor is right now? GTFOH.

Rafael grew up in favellas. He's not going to be intimidated by anything and anybody. At most, he will be infuriated, but he repeated on MMA Hour that he's a cold-hearted fighter. They thing I DON'T like about this interview is Rafael saying that he can beat Conor standing and he doesn't have to constantly take him down and hold him down.

On the other hand, since getting rocked by Gleison Tibau Rafael looked unstoppable and none of shots his opponents landed on him seemed to bother him.

So, if Rafael loses, it has be due to his mistake.

Conor has beaten Aldo, Mendes and holloway.

So yeah, they both have good resumes.

What mind games? Apart from the press conference where he seemed to be more insulting towards Dos Anjos than anything, there hasn't being much back and forth.

Only thing I've noticed is Dos Anjos is doing all the media/podcasts.

You're right because Conor is:
"Tap like a bitch" McGregor
and
"Two sub-minute losses to non-UFC opponents" McGregor

Conor understands how to break down a fighter mentally. Just some random talk as Cowboy did is not nearly enough to affect a person who fights for a living.

Agree, but partially, their trash talk was weak and staredowns not as intimidating as Conor's
LOL at staredown being intimidating to a guy who fights for a living.

They're gonna actually fight the following day, it's not like the staredown is gonna cause the fight, the fight is happening anyway. This idea that fighters hating each other or having and intimidating staredown, will somehow result in a more violent fight, or harder punches being thrown, is hilarious.

Some of the most brutal knockouts and bloodiest fights in mma were between guys who had nothing but respect for each other going in. See Cain/JDS for example. On the other hand, so many fights that had this supposed beef and hatred ended up being hug-fests.... see Rashad/Rampage.

Benson, Pettis & Cerrone were more popular when they fought RDA than McGregor is right now? GTFOH.
It's the fact that they were noticeably popular and he was not coming into those fights. Though I think I just worthlessly replying to a 10year old or a stunted grown up seeing that "GTFO"

It's the fact that they were noticeably popular and he was not coming into those fights. Though I think I just worthlessly replying to a 10year old or a stunted grown up seeing that "GTFO"
I wouldn't usually use such a blunt remark but I don't see this type of delusion very much either, McGregor is more popular than all of them.

Conor "tapped in 30 seconds" McGregor.

This can be done to any elite fighter my friend.

LOL at staredown being intimidating to a guy who fights for a living.

They're gonna actually fight the following day, it's not like the staredown is gonna cause the fight, the fight is happening anyway. This idea that fighters hating each other or having and intimidating staredown, will somehow result in a more violent fight, or harder punches being thrown, is hilarious.

Some of the most brutal knockouts and bloodiest fights in mma were between guys who had nothing but respect for each other going in. See Cain/JDS for example. On the other hand, so many fights that had this supposed beef and hatred ended up being hug-fests.... see Rashad/Rampage.
i agree, but see Poirier/McGregor staredown (when DC/Jone thing happened) Poirier was intimidated by Conor

P0QFEvK.gif

He wasn't.
Please

and don;t say he wasn't fighting emotional, Poirer could have stopped hype train right there if his mind was strong enough not to fall into this

Back