Sherdog's Top 10 Brazilian Mixed Martial Artists..

The list is shit but judging by your post I'd bet yours would be even shittier.

If you ever listen to Sherdog radio, they assume almost every Brazilian is a PED user.

I could see an argument for Aldo being put above Werdum, but Nog being put at #1 is just silly.

I have Nog at #1 too.

Aldo #2

Werdum #3.

Anderson, Nogueira, and Aldo are all more accomplished than Werdum.
Hell, Nog was champion longer than Werdum has been. Forget about the fact that he was #2 for over 10 years.

I would say either Anderson silva or Aldo 1, in 3rd would be werdum followed by big nog and wandy to round out my top 5.

Edit:This is hard because shogun at his best was nasty as fuck, and I had him as the best lhw in the world up until his lost to Forrest.

Last edited:
Werdum destroyed Nogueira the last time they met. Look at who he has beaten and how. And has only lost 5 times ever. Even looking at who he has losses against, nothing embarassasing at all.

Anderson should be number 1.

I would put Nog over Werdum, Don't forget Werdum beat Zombie Nog. Nog schooled Werdum back in pride

Werdum destroyed Nogueira the last time they met. Look at who he has beaten and how. And has only lost 5 times ever. Even looking at who he has losses against, nothing embarassasing at all.
Werdum beat Nogueira after Nog had 22 different surgeries on numerous body parts.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Sherdogs-Top-10-Brazilian-Mixed-Martial-Artists-100107

What a terrible list. Big Nog at #1. Above Werdum at #4. Aldo #3 also beat out Werdum.

3 PED users on the list - Silva, Belfort, Royce Gracie. What are they great for, cheating?

I would put Machida also somewhere.
But I have no issue over Bog being first. IMHO he would have been the GOAT HW if not for Fedor.

Werdum is growing, but he only recently got to the top, and his wins over Fedor & Nog were after their prime (IMHO).
I have no issues with him bypassing them if he keeps up.

Is a shit list ONLY if you have short memory, n00b, of if you are 12 years old. Minotauro is a fucking legend who landed at UFC past his prime.

He's not close to #1 though. Even PED Anderson should be way ahead of him.

Anderson and Aldo are clearly #1 and #2 in that order,list is fucked up

I would put Machida also somewhere.
But I have no issue over Bog being first. IMHO he would have been the GOAT HW if not for Fedor.

Werdum is growing, but he only recently got to the top, and his wins over Fedor & Nog were after their prime (IMHO).
I have no issues with him bypassing them if he keeps up.

It is hard playing the "in/out of prime" game. Easy to discredit wins and losses for every top fighter by doing so.

It was actually a list of the ten greatest Brazilian excuse makers.

The Sherdog writers/staff are notorious for crappy lists; this one ranks right up there. I would definitely not put Big Nog at #1: probably somewhere closer to 10. Wanderlei, Anderson, and Aldo definitely would outrank him. They should have asked many Brazilian vale tudo historians about their opinions for added insight. If they did, I would bet that guys like Marco Ruas, Jose Pele Landi, or Carlson Gracie make the list.

Back