Robbie Lawler would not "Absolutely Destroy" McGregor

ANAFILMS

No fucks given.
Banned
Reaction score
I was blinded by the hype.

Last edited:
3f2.gif

Whether or not people want to act like it, Conor would be giving up a lot of size to Lawler. Robbie also has some powerful hands. Conor is not going to seem as powerful against larger fighters, it's just a physical disadvantage that's hard to overcome. I wouldn't say he has no chance against Robbie, but it's not going to favor him greatly. If he has the balls to step up straight to the champ at WW and they will make it, more power to him and I have a lot of respect for him. But I don't think it's a horribly winnable affair for Conor.

Whether or not people want to act like it, Conor would be giving up a lot of size to Lawler. Robbie also has some powerful hands. Conor is not going to seem as powerful against larger fighters, it's just a physical disadvantage that's hard to overcome. I wouldn't say he has no chance against Robbie, but it's not going to favor him greatly. If he has the balls to step up straight to the champ at WW and they will make it, more power to him and I have a lot of respect for him. But I don't think it's a horribly winnable affair for Conor.
You forget the fact that when Conor is at 170 LBS he will also have a lot more power. Plus his accuracy alone is scary. I believe that he would also be much faster than Lawler.
Lawler also gets hit a lot more than Conor so that is another factor why i think that Conor would dominate

What Robbie brings is stamina and toughness. I love Conor but he's much lighter, it's hard to picture.

He would absolutely moidahlize him!

IpmKtR2.gif

As long as they can't prove it haters will always say somebody would "ABSOLUTELY DESTROY" McGregor.

Lawlers chin is on its way out, he's been rocked in both his last fights, I'm not saying McGregor would beat him but it is definitely not impossible.

No. Just, no. Take his peen from your butt, and you might be able to think a little more clearly.

giphy.gif

QuestionableJaggedArmyant.gif

robbie-lawler-ko-s-tiki-o.gif

Lawler.gif

tumblr_m6vptwoF951ry1rm7o1_250.gif

I think these gentlemen plus many many more would disagree with you.

His best shot at welterweight gold is against Lawler. If judges could score a fight, this would be a fantasy match up, not a distinct possibility.

You forget the fact that when Conor is at 170 LBS he will also have a lot more power. Plus his accuracy alone is scary. I believe that he would also be much faster than Lawler.
Lawler also gets hit a lot more than Conor so that is another factor why i think that Conor would dominate
I think people are drastically overestimating the power in Conor's hands. There is plenty for the lighter weight divisions, but he's primarily a precision striker that scores TKOs with volume. He's not the one punch KO artist that he's billed as currently. He does have excellent ability when countering to produce powerful shots due to his accuracy.

Robbie is a fighter!!! with a no quit attitude and relentless attack he would end Connor's career.

Why does everybody think it will take a huge power shot to beat Lawler? Diaz KO'd him with a fucking jab

Who has he absolutely destroyed in the past fights?

I give him credit for fuckin' up Rory MacDonalds' nose but that was after he was losing the fight.
He lost to Condit but he got gifted a decision
He got gifted a decision against Hendricks
He got into decision with Matt Brown

Sure he has a lot power and punchers luck but his technique is not the cleanest, he simply charges at you and tries to knock you out, doesn't use wrestling, doesn't use BJJ and his fighters IQ is not the highest.

We have seen his struggle against skilled stand-up fighters, Melvin Manhoef for example: He was ABSOLUTELY killing Lawler until he landed the lucky overhand right that knocked Manhoef out. Manhoef is not known for a iron chin so its not a big surprise he got knocked out. Of course people will say that "it was years ago and he is a different fighter nowadays" but to be honest his stand-up is not that much better from their fight. Of course Manhoef and Conor have very different styles, but they're both fast, strong and calculated.

Now people seem to forget that Conor has a very good chin and his movement alone could be a big trouble for Lawler who is used to more traditional fighters, of course Lawler COULD knock out McGregor but that is very unlikely.

People also seem to forget that Conor has very good accuracy and he actually knows where to punch and when. This has been proven to you Conor haters time and time again, but you meat heads won't believe it. So be it.

Robbie is getting older all the time, he will soon be 34 so he is facing the end of his prime (most likely) so it will be another factor WHY Conor would beat him.

It is pretty obvious that out of all the champions Robbie is definitely the most entertaining one, but i have never felt that he deserves the spot. He belongs to the top 3 in my opinion and i don't think that he would even beat GSP. Of course now we can only speculate since GSP is no longer in the game, that is just my opinion.

If Conor beats RDA (In my opinion he will) i can't wait to see him vs. Lawler, might be even shorter fight than the upcoming RDA fight. You Conor haters are counting him out time and time again.
Wow, another Conor thread.

I didn't read a word except the title but I guess you're going into some in depth analysis on why a guy who has two top 10 wins at FW is now a WW title contender.

Stfu for fuck sakes.

Back