Is There a Smart Way to Recover From a Nut Shot in the UFC?

ufcfan1986

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this. It seems if you match yourself up against the stamina of your opponent you should rest for the full five minutes if you think you have better stamina or go as soon as possible if you think you have worst stamina.

Kind of lame, but I don't know. It kind of stuck out to me during the LHW bout at UFC Fight Night 82 during the LHW bout with how quick the fight resumed after an accidental nut shot.

If you think you have worse stamina then why not take the break to recover?

I think it almost always makes sense to wait, unless the nut shot provided some needed motivation to whoop ass.

WTF.gif

...is what I would do after a really dirty, nasty nut shot.

The best method is to take the full 5 minutes to recover and then kick the other guy in the nuts even harder.

depends on the situation.

how hard was the nut shot,how damaged is the opponent before you were hit with the nut shot?

is it wise to let HIM recover,maybe he was gassed?

I think it almost always makes sense to wait, unless the nut shot provided some needed motivation to whoop ass.

Everyone is afraid of the crowd turning on them if they take too long, or being called pussy backstage by some Gracies or maybe Guy Meztger.

wtf is with her finger? Logan was always one of my favourites but I never noticed that.

Would not bang.

Just invite another broad over and introduce her to your "cousin" with the Shocker+ hand attachment.

Take the full 5 minutes then upon restart of the fight kick your opponent in the nuts to get more time.

I was just thinking about this. It seems if you match yourself up against the stamina of your opponent you should rest for the full five minutes if you think you have better stamina or go as soon as possible if you think you have worst stamina.

Kind of lame, but I don't know. It kind of stuck out to me during the LHW bout at UFC Fight Night 82 during the LHW bout with how quick the fight resumed after an accidental nut shot.
As I'm sure you know nut shots hurt but they are usually not as bad as they appear. The fighters milk it for the full 5 minutes. So that's obviously the best solution if most of them are doing it. I've only seen a small amount of matches where yeah it really is that bad, but they got stopped usually.

My thinking was that if you have worse stamina then you're just going to get more and more tired as the guys still have to stand on their feet usually as they recover. Even though it doesn't take much energy even standing on your feet would be draining in a long enough fight. Although I admit I could be completely wrong on this.

There are also a lot of variables to consider. It's a weird thing to consider, but I've never really seen recovery process from nut shots really dissected, which is odd given how much they happen in MMA.

As I'm sure you know nut shots hurt but they are usually not as bad as they appear. The fighters milk it for the full 5 minutes. So that's obviously the best solution if most of them are doing it. I've only seen a small amount of matches where yeah it really is that bad, but they got stopped usually.

Clearly never been nutshotted in a fight/spar.

Getting hit to the stomach after a nutshot, that mental block of going for a kick as afraid to get nutshotted..

Clearly never been nutshotted in a fight/spar.

Getting hit to the stomach after a nutshot, that mental block of going for a kick as afraid to get nutshotted..
oh ive been hit in the nuts plenty dude. How do you think I built up a pain tolerance for it? It fucking sucks but unless you end up getting your cup crushing it or a Gonzaga style field goal kick, you can usually shake it off. Of course I don't enjoy it but I don't roll around on the ground either. Cro cop takes em like a champ. Those are from HWs too

Back