Do you think we could ever see Anderson Silva vs. Conor McGregor?

johncola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It doesn't seem on the cards any time soon with Conor going after titles, but do you think this could be a possibility before Anderson retires? How do you think it'd go? They are the two most interesting strikers in MMA history.

Please don't get too hung up on the size difference like so many do. Don't just say "Anderson is a Middleweight, Conor is a Featherweight, so no". At least look at the specifics of how they match up size-wise. Silva is 6ft2 with a 77.5 inch reach and McGregor is 5ft9 with a 74 inch reach. They could probably work it so Silva has 15-20 lbs on him. He's obviously a lot bigger. But he's also older and less durable, while Conor would be faster.

It'd stay on the feet. Conor would have to get inside and hurt Silva, without getting KTFO. He'd be forced to push Silva and play his game, allowing Anderson to counterstrike, OR he could fight like Diaz did and lose a decision. I don't see Conor doing that. He will force the fight, and KO Silva or go out on his shield.

Last edited:
767.gif

Wow, you've been here 5-years, I was expecting 5 minutes.

This is bullshit.

It's like Conor and the fans are losing their minds in correlation

It doesn't seem on the cards any time soon with Conor going after titles, but do you think this could be a possibility before Anderson retires? How do you think it'd go?

Please don't get too hung up on the size difference like so many do. Don't just say "Anderson is a Middleweight, Conor is a Featherweight, so no". At least look at the specifics of how they match up size-wise. Silva is 6ft2 with a 77.5 inch reach and McGregor is 5ft9 with a 74 inch reach. They could probably work it so Silva has 15-20 lbs on him. He's obviously a lot bigger. But he's also older and less durable, while Conor would be faster.

It'd stay on the feet. Conor would have to get inside and hurt Silva, without getting KTFO. He'd be forced to push Silva and play his game, allowing Anderson to counterstrike, OR he could fight like Diaz did and lose a decision. I don't see Conor doing that. He will force the fight, and KO Silva or go out on his shield.
I'd pay to see the fight, but it will never happen.

CMG love is officially absolutely out of control.

If he fought Silva... or Rockhold for that matter.. or even Weidman. Bring paddles. Electric ones. Guy will literally die on national TV.

CMG love is officially absolutely out of control.

If he fought Silva... or Rockhold for that matter.. or even Weidman. Bring paddles. Electric ones. Guy will literally die on national TV.
I'm a huge Conor fan. Weidman and Rockhold kill him, I agree, I don't wanna see that. I don't feel the same about the Anderson fight. He's old and it'd be a striking match. They're the two most interesting strikers in MMA history.

To be honest when I first read this thread I thought you had lost it but its a money fight and really that is all Conor or any of the rest want is the biggest fights the UFC can make happen. That PPV at this time where Conors popularity is would double the Aldo fight as crazy as it may sound

I can't picture Conor even getting in range on him. Regardless of what the stats say, Anderson is way, way longer than him.

I'm a huge Conor fan. Weidman and Rockhold kill him, I agree, I don't wanna see that. I don't feel the same about the Anderson fight. He's old and it'd be a striking match. They're the two most interesting strikers in MMA history.

I really do not know if you are serious. I honestly think that if McNuts even dreamt of fighting Silva, he'd better wake up and apologize.

Back