Does Dana give Conor an immediate title shot at 170 lbs?..

GigEm

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
after he KTFO of RDA on March 5?

The question isn't does Dana give a WW title shot to him, the question is does Conor take one.

I wouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves yet though. Champ RDA is hardly one to look past.

A rematch with Lawler ?.

* Edit he changed the title.
But no.

The question isn't does Dana give a WW title shot to him, the question is does Conor take one.

I wouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves yet though. Champ RDA is hardly one to look past.

Conor already said he wants that 170 lb.

He won the 155 lb belt at the press conference. RDA has lost the belt already..

IF Conor beats RDA he will get whatever he wants, and rightfully so.

Conor already said he wants that 170 lb.

He won the 155 lb belt at the press conference. RDA has lost the belt already..
Conor says a lot of things, it wouldn't surprise me to hear him call out Robbie, but it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to go back to 145 next and defend against Frankie either. The man will have plenty of (more) options if he defeats Dos Anjos...

... IF

im finally learning to like connor (still hate his personality on camera but the guy can fight) i really dont wanna see him go to 170 and get manhandled)

At this point, I doubt they can say no. He would bring too much attention back to the WW title for Dana to deny him the opportunity.

IF he wins at 155, he should defend against Frankie, then defend against the Ferguson Nurmagomedov winner, then he will have earned the right to fight for welterweight. Although I have to admit, being willing to take these fights is almost enough on its own for me to think he deserves them, most champs seem scared shitless to move up in weight.

At some point he is going to have to be upgraded to superman status if all this plays out because I was just in another thread where a guy said " Conrad is going to call out Jon Jones and Werdum and beat them at the same time", That is freaking superman status ......................................or bologna

People have to understand - if he were to go to 170 and somehow beat Lawler, it sets up the greatest megafight in the history of the UFC: McGregor vs GSP for the WW title. It would be MMA's Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Even the possibility of that makes it worth it.

IF he KTFO RDA, nobody can stop him from getting a shot against Lawler. Lawler himself would want nothing else.

He will take the fight and beat Lawler with the left. MCG has great timing and is faster the Lawler, but that's if Rory or Wonderboy are not the Champs..

If he wins against RDA, I don't see why not. I don't think he'd have much shot at winning against Lawler, but still would watch.

If he does, I think they have to set up Edgar/Aldo II for an interim title. Or Max Holloway against one of them. They shouldn't strip Conor, so he can attempt to have the achievement of holding 3 titles at once.

Win or lose against Robbie, after Lawler/McGregor he'd be in a position to assess what he wants to do with his featherweight title. I wouldn't expect him to stay at welterweight to face some of the big wrestlers, or the guy most likely to beat him on the feet, Wonderboy Thompson. If he doesn't want to go back to featherweight, then the intertim title could be promoted to undisputed.

I'm not looking past RDA though....

...I'm looking through him.

lets let him fight RDA first ffs! some of you guys need to start paying rent on conor's nutsack.
lawler would wreck conor, he may eat some shots, but you're drastically underestimating lawler's skills and his iron chin. what he took from rory before coming back to knock him out, was unreal. lawler is not gunnar nelson. all you people looking past RDA are just delusional. good chance he loses that fight. conor is small for WW. good chance conor loses to the entire top 5 guys at WW. condit, rory, woodley, WB and an elite hendricks (pre his last fight), let alone touch lawler.

That's a huge IF. He would need time to pack on muscle and it would probably be wise if he took a warm up fight at 170 first but let's not get carried away. It is very unlikely this happens.

Once Stephen Thompson wins the WW title Conor will want nothing to do with WW.

Back