RDA Hype-train

Big_Chief_Stove

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot of talk from RDA fans regarding his fight with Mcgregor and it has me scratching my head. Many say that RDA will ko Conor in the first or submit him in the first. What are they basing these predictions on? RDA barely has a finishing rate over 50% for his career with only 4 TOTAL ko/tko's in the UFC and only two submission victories in the UFC against less than stellar competition (Seriously 6 finishes in 19 UFC fights). The numbers don't lie, Conor has a 94% finishing rate for his career, 85% finishing rate in the UFC(18 ko/tko, 1 sub) against better competition in his last two fights.

RDA is a vastly improved fighter. I think you underestimate him, young Chief.

I'd think that considering his current run, it's not much of a hype train. I'd say it's legit.

Finishing Cerrone, Benson Henderson and dominating Pettis for 25 minutes is not hype... is being a fucking killer.

You're not following the narrative. RDA improved and Conor hasn't.

He's only gotten better as the years have gone by, his stand up has come a long way. I knew he was good but when he finished Henderson I was shocked and then he beats up Pettis and Cowboy. All without talking any shit, obviously he didn't make as much money as McG but he's legit.

Last edited:
Conor haters are legion. Conor is fighting RDA. The enemy of my enemy is gonna get hyped. Is normal.

In reality Conor beating RDA doesn't prove anything more than him KOing Aldo in 13 seconds. RDA is not more special than Aldo. To prove Conor is a focking legend mate, he'll need to defend at LW against Khabib true champ, then do as he says, move up to WW and beat Lawler and Thompson. Then and only then can he be a focking legend mate, FW be damned.

Conor haters are legion. Conor is fighting RDA. The enemy of my enemy is gonna get hyped. Is normal.

In reality Conor beating RDA doesn't prove anything more than him KOing Aldo in 13 seconds. RDA is not more special than Aldo. To prove Conor is a focking legend mate, he'll need to defend at LW against Khabib true champ, then do as he says, move up to WW and beat Lawler and Thompson. Then and only then can he be a focking legend mate, FW be damned.
He needs to fight Khabib for sure.

what's with the daniel craig pics?
Lol, I tried starting a UFC fighter doppelganger thread, but my computer was too slow to upload with all the pics so I gave up on it. Apparently the photos stayed when I went to make this thread.

Daniel Craig was supposed to be Dennis Siver's doppelganger. Can you see it?

if you're a UFC champ, you're not hype. Sherdoggers overuse that word.

He's only gotten better as the years have gone by, his stand up has come a long way. I knew he was good but when he finished Henderson I was shocked and then he bets up Pettis and Cowboy. All without talking any shit, obviously he didn't make as much money as McG but he's legit.
Henderson and Pettis are highly overrated fighters and beating Cerrone proves nothing, he already beat him before and Cerrone has a way of crumbling under pressure. (See Nate Diaz vs. Cerrone)

RDA isn't on a hypetrain. He's a real champ.

I'd think that considering his current run, it's not much of a hype train. I'd say it's legit.
13 decisions in 19 UFC fights for RDA, doesn't seem he's improving that much, at least in regards to his finishing rate. RDA has never beaten an Aldo level fighter and likely never will.

if you're a UFC champ, you're not hype. Sherdoggers overuse that word.
If the division is shallow, then the champ is mostly hype. RDA has a cringe-worthy finishing rate against mediocre opponents. Fair amount of hype.

Conor hasn't improved? Please clarify.
Everyone seems to think Dos Anjos is going to back McGregor up on the cage and grind him out. Conor has really high fight IQ so I expect him to move laterally and make RDA miss. He should utilize his countering skills when RDA walks forward and immediately circle out after tagging him on every exchange.

Hype?

He took out bendo with strikes
shut down and punished Nate
Beat down Pettis
Ripped throught Cerrone

If it's hype it is justified just as much as the hype conor has gotten.

Its what he's done lately and he is on a crazy good run.

Back