HYPOTHETICAL: If Conor beats RDA and then Lawler at 200, is he the GOAT?

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
Even if you don't think he beats either of them, let me know what you think Sherdoggers.

Fedor_thumbsdown1.gif

it wouldnt be up for discussion it would be objective fact.

He'd have to be. I don't know how anyone could doubt it.

No, he'd still need more fights to be ahead of Silva, GSP, Fedor and Aldo's legacies

Thats a huge jump but i don't see how Fedor, Jones or anyone can compete with that kind of an accomplishment.

You can say this about most fighters if they beat 3 champs in 3 divisions. Wonderboy beating lawler, rockhold and DC in a row would make him GOAT too.

If he beats RDA, Lawler, Rockhold, and Jones/Cormier. YEA! Why the fuck is this even a thread.

until someone else grabbed 3 belts simultaneously, yes. i'm on the fence with RDA but no way in hell does he beat robbie.

He will be the division road block goat that's for sure. Unlike Cain or Pettis who only locked up 1 he'll have 3 belts that are never defended.

I'm the farthest thing from a Conor fan but yes. He would be without question

Not at all, because unlike Connor, most fighters have to earn title shots, not have them gifted to them because it sells tickets and PPV's.

It's one thing to beat the champion. On any given night most people in the top 5 could probably do it at least once.

It's quite another to take out contender after contender and finally, if you're lucky, defeat the champion.

Connor earned the FW title, but no one in their right mind has the right to say he's earned a LW title shot, or even a WW title shot

Nope, he needs to defend each belt at least once: LW against Khabib, WW against Thompson, then drop the FW belt saying "I don't give a shit about dis shit belt, here Aldo you can take dis". Then he can be GOAT.

If he fails any of this he no GOAT.

Hypothetically, could BJ have won all three belts in the same divisions during his prime? If given immediate title shots, I don't think it's that hard to imagine, but I also don't think this accomplishment in itself would make someone the GOAT. If you earn your title shot by moving up through the contenders at each weight class it's a completely different story in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back