Best point fighter in MMA

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Tecia Torres claims to be the best point fighter in WMMA, but who holds this prestigious title in all of MMA?

Used to be GSP, probably Mighty Mouse atm. Not saying he's not exciting or can't finish but if a fight of his goes to a decision, there's usually no question on who won.

Cruz Bendo MM ST Pierre Holm and Edgar have all mastered the art of point fighting.

Very hard to beat them if you dont land something big. Only well rounded fighters can master this art in MMA.

MM, Edgar, and Cruz are the best point fighters that are active.
They all can finish too, but they are damn good at controlling the scorecards.
Obviously, GSP was up there too.

Mighty Mouse and Cruz, these days no one has to conditioning or heart to beat these guys in 5 rounds.
Both exciting as well.

I don't really believe in the term 'point fighting' but if you mean a guy who consistently wins rounds and is usually on the favorable side of the judging criteria / scorecards then GSP has to be the best.

The guy is always on top in the grappling and great distance management / jab and solid volume. Seconds after being dropped by a headkick from Condit he was back on top, he's had beautiful reversals and escapes from the bottom against Fitch and Hendricks, who're great wrestlers.

Cruz is good in a different way. A more subjective way that affects how people see the fight. When he gets hit with clean punches, he moves as if nothing even landed. He seems to get a lot more credit for his defense than other fighters when he makes his guy miss, too. He has those excellent takedowns which help too, even though his top game rarely keeps him on top of anyone.

Cruz, MM, GSP...all the suggestions above.

Bisping is the GOAT gatekeeping point fighter.

Conor looked like the best point fighter against Holloway because he of course was injured. The dude is the best in what ever he does and wants to.

But MM is. He only gets 50-45 or 49-46.

Conor looked like the best point fighter against Holloway because he of course was injured. The dude is the best in what ever he does and wants to.

Except when he lost to the actual best point fighter in the game.

RDA will turn Conor into a point fighter

I actually think Frankie should be mentioned. He was unlucky to lose those Bendo decisions, especially the second. Before that, he was gliding though opponents, in and out, in and out, and if he got cracked, he'd keep coming back until he got those points back. Love that dude, man.

Seems like there is a bit of hate towards people who can use footwork, put combinations together and not get hit a lot.

I think its called skill and being smart.

The. I am gonna run in, bang and hope my chin holds out style is fun to watch, but as far as long term career outlook it may not be a good strategy.

Back