RR to fight winner of Tate/HH in ... NOVEMBER

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was in Dave Meltzer's newsletter

Right now the idea is Ronda Rousey vs. the Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate winner for the title on a big show in November. But even that isn’t a lock but Rousey’s return at this point is penciled in for that date. She’s doing more-and-more Hollywood stuff, and the Hollywood people don’t want to her to risk injury fighting

I doubt it's "Hollywood" keeping Honda away from the octagon... If Holly beats Tate, Honda is pretty much retiring on the spot.

Her fingers are crossed that Cupcake Tate somehow pulls of the upset.

I doubt it's "Hollywood" keeping Honda away from the octagon... If Holly beats Tate, Honda is pretty much retiring on the spot.

This, If holly wins, Honda is not coming back.

Dana wants tate to win so bad. I'm not saying it might be fixed, but it might be fixed

I just have this feeling she's not taking this seriously. She's setting herself up for another trip to the hospital.

i'll be cheering for whomever is against ronda.

Right now the idea is Ronda Rousey vs. the Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate winner for the title on a big show in November. But even that isn’t a lock but Rousey’s return at this point is penciled in for that date. She’s doing more-and-more Hollywood stuff, and the Hollywood people don’t want to her to risk injury fighting

So if Ronda does what Hollywood wants and the UFC does what Ronda wants then nobody has the 'right' priorities....

If Tate somehow wins even though nothing suggests that she can, then UFC 200 will have its headliner. Ronda won't need to make any improvements to her game.

Ufc 200 pressure too much for Honda.

Seems like she is booked up solid.
Also movie studios might have clauses preventing her from fighting.
If she fights in-between two films & her face gets destroyed, the studio is fucked.
That is why The Rock is not doing Wrestlemania (in a match) this year &that is obviously fake.

That's ridiculous there is no way she could avoid Holly in the long run. So many say Dana would protect her but it wouldn't happen. Of all the things that are wrong with the sport I realty don't think dodging and protecting are an issue.

Really? How much would it take to get "The Preacher's Daughter" to throw a fight?

Nope, the question is how much does it take to have a ref stand up a gnp, or not see some eye pokes, or call the fight early.

That's ridiculous there is no way she could avoid Holly in the long run. So many say Dana would protect her but it wouldn't happen. Of all the things that are wrong with the sport I realty don't think dodging and protecting are an issue.

If she fights again (and I said "if"), Rousey will fight Holm regardless of whether Miesha Tate wins the title or not. No other fight makes any sense whatsoever for Rousey. Rousey cannot possibly just resume her career and avoid Holm like the fight never happened.

Wow Rhonda is going to throw her career down the toilet losing to Holm a second time huh? She must have shitty handlers.

Rhonda should take 1 more fight, KO a scrub and just walk away from the UFC. Holm will decimate her again.

Ronda is a typical bully.

She has shown to be mentally weak and submissive to the first person who beat her, and has not acknowledged the loss except for in a 'skit' where she cuts off the subject anyway.

She is beaten, broken, and can't handle losing. Her giant ego and reality do not line up and she's never going to be the same.

I predict a descent into depression and obesity, hell she's flabby and out of shape looking when she's in fight shape.

If she fights again (and I said "if"), Rousey will fight Holm regardless of whether Miesha Tate wins the title or not. No other fight makes any sense whatsoever for Rousey. Rousey cannot possibly just resume her career and avoid Holm like the fight never happened.

I agree, RR wants to avenge that loss.
People all of a sudden forget how competitive she is.

Back