Shill Helwani and Luke Thomas on the MMA beat trying to defend Romero

The Mookster

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/11/10961866/watch-the-mma-beat-live-today
starts at around 4 minute mark, the panel discusses Yoelo's positive test.

Is Luke Thomas the biggest retard in mma journalism? I mean obviously Ariel works for the UFC and he's always too big of a pussy to call a spade a spade except when he interviewed Bob Sapp who was obviously throwing fights, but I thought Luke Thomas was supposed to be credible? But after hearing this interview he's either a complete retard or a UFC shill.

Their discussion was about "tainted supplements"... LOL. First of all, as a person who's been lifting weights for 17 years and a guy who grew up on muscle mags, we ALL know that the "legal supplements" do absolutely nothing. Supplement companies come out with new formulas of bullshit every year and hire some roided up bodybuilder to pose for some pictures and claim he got his gains on whatever bullshit supplement they came out with. But everybody who knows anything knows that not none of that shit actually works, with the exception of creatine which has been shown to barely improve performance.

However, the over the counter supplements that actually DO affect performance, for example "Mag-10", are really just pro-hormones and illegal steroids repackaged by shady supplement companies who know they can get away with selling them because the government gives 0 fucks.

You hear these mma journalist constantly reporting that "fighters always say off the record that '90% of fighters are on PEDs'"... that mantra has been flying around the last few years but when a small percentage of fighters actually get popped, they use the "tainted supplement" excuse and these same journalists are now supporting that bullshit excuse?

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT, THESE IDIOTS HAVE UTTERLY NO CREDIBILITY OR JOURNALISTIC INTEGRITY AT ALL

thanks for reading, and tldr blah blah blah

innocent until proven guilty bruh, welcome to America.

I miss the old days when beer drinking and power lifting were all that was required to be a good fighter. When you could KO a guy and make fun of him when his body seized up.

Ariel calls people out and asks the "hard questions" all the time. p4p best (or only?) real journalist in mma. haven't watched this yet but calling helwani a shill is pretty weird. dana is always pissed at ariel for sticking his nose (jew jokes incoming?) into things

His A sample was positive and B sample was positive. Innocence is off the table my friend.

Relax dude, they have a point. It's known a lot of supplements are 'contaminated' AKA put in on purpose by those companies so they actually work. Why would Romero cheat this time in his life when he's probably making the most money he's ever made? It doesn't make sense, but only he knows if he did it on purpose.

He got caught and we'll see what happens.

I don't care what the soldier of god does except I wanna see him kick some ass inside a cage.

But valid point the abaolute majority of MMA journalists are total shills hower if they are with Romero this time it's all good cuz I'm with the soldier of god too

I miss the old days when beer drinking and power lifting were all that was required to be a good fighter. When you could KO a guy and make fun of him when his body seized up.

Tank!

I can't imagine a pro athlete just going into GNC and buying off the counter stuff in the days of USADA. You never know what could be in them. It's a better safe than sorry mentality you should have.

In my eyes, Yoel popped and at the very least get a 1 year ban. You can show all you want that supplement was "tainted" but MOST supplements are tainted. That's why you don't take them. If I had a drug test for work, I wouldn't even take a scoop of protein powder beforehand because I don't know what's truly in it.

Luke looks like the type of guy who would sacrifice his first born for fortune and glory.

Ariel calls people out and asks the "hard questions" all the time. p4p best (or only?) real journalist in mma. haven't watched this yet but calling helwani a shill is pretty weird. dana is always pissed at ariel for sticking his nose (jew jokes incoming?) into things

People that think Ariel is a UFC shill are clueless.
He promotes Bellator, has fighters on that shit on Reebok, etc.
This board is full of morons that think everyone that doesn't bitch about Zuffa 24/7 are shills lol

Sounds like you're on a Yoel witch hunt. Look I don't believe Yoel is clean either, but he's innocent until proven guilty. If they just grill Romero for his looks, what message does USADA and the UFC send then?

Being annoying and an instigator does not make Ariel a hard hitting journalist.

They're not trying, if you listen, without bias they are making a great defense. I was proven wrong myself with how little knowledge I had of the supplement industry, a lot of light was shed on how it works

If it was tainted supplements, he would have been caught on pre-fight test.

But it was caught on a random test?

Looks like he got caught mid-cycle... you don't need to cycle legal supplements.

From Ariel's point of view... He may end up having to interview him again, and I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Romero.

Malki Kawa probably just googled which supplements are tainted and then he gave that to USADA and said Romero took it but forgot to disclose it beforehand. :D

He's probably the sleaziest agent in mma.

Romero is either getting a full suspension or a reduced one.

Don't know why any fighter takes these supplements when every single fighter that fails a drug test blames a tainted supplement. They're mostly sugar pill scams with nothing in them anyways.

Back