Roy Nelson vs Derrick Lewis rumored @UFC 197

SalvadorAllende

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Suprised did not read anything on thi fight or in Sherdog mainpage (maybe I missed it).

This should be a fun one. Both guys throw bombs.

Has it actually been announced as official? I know it was purposed but I don't see anything official anywhere.

nice! a freak brawler against maybe the best chin in HW division

great fight, I got derrick lewis as big country seems to be on his way down while lewis seems to be getting better

Ufc 197 main card
Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier
DJ vs Cejudo
Whittaker vs Natal
Nelson vs Lewis

Card looks very solid so far

It's like a grizzly bear vs. a panda bear.

I'd put money on the black beast.

Pretty quick turnaround, especially for heavyweights.

Has it actually been announced as official? I know it was purposed but I don't see anything official anywhere.
Oh, maybe not official yet.

I just read it was announced in the betting forum.

Highly likely but still not official, still just rumours at the moment.

I like it. Someone will be going to sleep.

Seems to still be substantiated rumor at this point. Found this on Swedish MMA site.

http://mmanytt.se/galor/ufc/rykte-roy-nelson-moter-derrick-lewis-pa-ufc-197/

Derrick Lewis wants to face Roy Nelson. And Nelson wants to meet Lewis. It is now rumored that the two heavyweights get their way at UFC 197th

Before today could MMAnytt report to Derrick Lewis (14-4) want to face Roy Nelson (21-12). And it seems that the feelings are answered. Nelson said, namely, "The Black Beast" with the following tweet:

FIGHT FANS ufc @ # @ ufc197 Thebeast_ufc vs @ roynelsonmma MMAjunkie @ @ @ arielhelwani mmamania box & # ... received https://t.co/7Dhe07rLnp

- Roy Nelson (roynelsonmma) February 11, 2016

During the day, lots of MMA fans showed their appreciation on twitter for the potential match. Apparently, Nelson vs. Lewis, a fight that many want to see. An unconfirmed rumor has begun to spread that the meeting will actually take place at UFC 197th

Won in the same gala

Nelson came from a win, the first in four games against Jared Rosholt (14-4). "Big Country" won a decision against the same long wrestler at UFC Fight Night 82. In the same gala defeated Lewis Pole Damian Grabowski (20-3) via TKO. It was Lewis second victory in a row, and in total, he has gone 5-2 in the UFC.

Although Nelson's stats on paper look a little worse than Lewis, so it is worth noting that the "Big Country" has been matched against tougher opposition. Almost all of his fights in the UFC were against ranked heavyweight.

I think Roy wins this one, he looked good agaist Rossholt. By decision or haymaker.

Back