Alvarez: 'There's a simple way' to beat McGregor

Noleggeisha

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If it looks anything like the simple way he used to beat Pettis, I can see him becoming the new Fitch of the UFC, perpetually one loss away from being cut.

Nice theory, however I don't think Eddie will ever get the chance to prove it.

This has already been said.

searchitno78899.gif

Third thread on this topic this week.

If (and that's a big IF) Eddie ever gets to share the cage with Conor then he is going to get absolutely smoked. He even said in the interview that no other LW has a justifiable argument to be #1 contender...I'm sure Khabib and Ferguson have plenty to say about that. EA came across as tremendously self serving and a little delusional.

If you kick him right in the jejunem his head pops off and you are victorious

its the same way to kill viewership unfortunately.

Why is everyone on here acting as McGregor is completely untouchable?Its not like a fighter has never had any success against him.Chad was doing well at the beginning of the fight,his submission defence is not going to be great,neither is his takedown defence.I still say stylistically Guida would of beaten him given the chance.

It comes down to who is a superior wrestler and has better control on the ground, Alvarez or Mendes? Mendes had him down, landed good shots but even mendes said in his Post fight presser, everytime I hit him he said, NOPE! Running his mouth whist taking elbows. Plus your guaranteed your gonna have to go 5 rounds with Conor as he will always either headline or hold a C. So you gotta do that for 5 rounds and remain fresh and conscious. I don't think so.

Why is everyone on here acting as McGregor is completely untouchable?Its not like a fighter has never had any success against him.Chad was doing well at the beginning of the fight,his submission defence is not going to be great,neither is his takedown defence.I still say stylistically Guida would of beaten him given the chance.

he has submitted bjj black belts. Go you tube some of his fights. And mendes was only able to control conor on the ground for less than a round. less than 1 round. All while conor had a bad knee injury his entire training camp and it hampered him during the fight.

how many guys would have escaped from a mendes guilotine? Keep talking about is bad submission defense. Guida isn't even top 20. All it takes is 30 seconds on the feet with conor and you're gone..

It's the same way he beat Pettis. Alvarez doesn't have the athleticism nor the striking to 'simply' beat a top-level striker unless its by wall-and-stall with the odd takedown/top-control against the cage. He is more than capable of doing the same to Conor, but we'll see if they ever fight. A few more performances like Eddie's last one and he can probably forget ever sharing a cage with Conor, or whoever else the champ might be.

he has submitted bjj black belts. Go you tube some of his fights. And mendes was only able to control conor on the ground for less than a round. less than 1 round. All while conor had a bad knee injury his entire training camp and it hampered him during the fight.

how many guys would have escaped from a mendes guilotine? Keep talking about is bad submission defense. Guida isn't even top 20. All it takes is 30 seconds on the feet with conor and you're gone..
People said Guida had no chance against Pettis,why don't you you tube that?i seem to remember every other opponent other than Aldo going more than 30 seconds against him,Fuck Connors injury during camp,at least he had a camp,more than Mendes got,How many times has Connor been subbed in his career?and wasn't one in less than 30 seconds?

Lucky for Conor the UFC have zero reason to even try to match him up with Alvarez.

Back