There is no way Anyone cannot give McGregor a lot of credit

MMA-Aficionado

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Do any of you Sherdoggers, even one single person, not give McGregor a lot of credit?

He is not (yet) the best fighter in the world. He has more to prove, although if he steamrolls RDA then he is there or pretty damn close. So I am NOT asking whether you think he has yet proved himself to be the GOAT. (And I think RDA is a very dangerous fighter and I am not sure who will win that fight).

However, very very very few people ever become a UFC champion.

Conor became a UFC champion by KOing (not tko, KO) the consensus best FW of all time (and many argued he was the P4P number one), who hadn't lost in ten years. And he did this in a UFC record time of 13 seconds!! That's a record for all weight divisions, not just FW. For those who don't know, no one has ever ended a championship fight in 13 seconds.

If Conor achieves nothing else in his entire career, he still deserves a huge amount of credit (and that's not even counting his incredible business acumen).

No one on here can deny that.

He makes good money. I don't think I'd have problem giving him credit. I think he'd be good for it. Can't imagine him really needing it, though.

Is he out shopping on Rodeo Drive again ?

Conor's legit, and I'm not really a fan.

Anyone 155 or under who stands and trades with him, is probably going to sleep.

I give him his credit. He's obviously an amazing fighter but that doesn't mean that I have to like him. He's doing great for the "business" aspect of the UFC by drawing in a younger WWE type crowd. But his arrogance imo is dreadful and really wasn't needed to begin with, the UFC was doing fine before him and they'll do fine without him.......

I think his personality makes a mockery of martial arts and goes against the principles behind most of them. That's just my opinion though.

I also truly believe that he's mentally ill....just sayin

Yeah because of that pretty much everyone DO give him credit.

I give him his credit. He's obviously an amazing fighter but that doesn't mean that I have to like him. He's doing great for the "business" aspect of the UFC by drawing in a younger WWE type crowd. But his arrogance imo is dreadful and really wasn't needed to begin with, the UFC was doing fine before him and they'll do fine without him.......

I think his personality makes a mockery of martial arts and goes against the principles behind most of them. That's just my opinion though.
Actually most of the people he's bringing in are from the Irish and UK scene. Most men aged between like 15 and 25 know McGregor and like who he is as a fighter and a person. I don't really see the correlation between WWE and MMA, as this is a completely different form of promotion that Conor is doing. It's not a wrestling promo he is just telling the men he is going to fight exactly what he is going to do to them. It's not drama like WWE it's just shit talk between men that are about to fight.

Some will say you're in love.
My question is not whether anyone thinks I am in love with Conor McGregor.

So so far I am correct - the first two responses, instead of giving Conor credit, are off-topic - because, I presume, you so badly don't want to admit that you have to give Conor a lot of credit. To the comedian above, I am not talking about loaning Conor money.

Fair play. You are entitled to your opinion. People have to give Conor credit, but they don't have to like him.

Yeah I give him credit. He's a fucking champion for christ's sake. He doesn't need you standing up for him.

But thanks for your interesting take on a matter that's rarely touched upon on these boards.

I'm a fan of his, but these nuthuggers are just taking it too far.

Fret not, Sherdog gives him more than enough credit.
No there's usually an army of haters ready to spring forth at the slightest mention of anything positive about McGregor and do everything they can do to discredit him.

Its not about him having credibility, we all know he is talented, its just the fact is that he only gets this treatment because he is Irish, and brought in a whole new fanbase and money source to the ufc. If you remember his first few fights he wasnt a cockbag who belittled his opponents and cut them off during press-conferences. He adopted the persona once the UFC picked him up as their golden boy

It just so happend to workout, being that Conor actually had the talent and skill behind his hype train. But the thing that bugs me is, if he was american, or brazilian, even Russian, he would be nobody. he wouldnt be making millions, he wouldnt have a bentley and a new suit every time he's on camera. He'd be another Khabib who is only known to mma fans.

Props to him for being a real champion, but his persona and lifestyle are all hand gifted bullshit

Yeah I give him credit. He's a fucking champion for christ's sake. He doesn't need you standing up for him.

But thanks for your interesting take on a matter that's rarely touched upon on these boards.

1) where did I say he needs me to stand up for him? This is a forum for discussion and I'm making a point.

2) I felt like making that point. Whether or not this has been touched on before (or your opinion whether I should make the thread) concerns me not one iota. If you don't like the thread, don't post it in. Funny how many people here bitch about threads while posting in them. I highly doubt someone is forcing your or them to post in it. There's plenty of other threads son.

More threads started by kids crying because not everyone worships their hero.

Conor is an awesome fighter but has yet to fight an elite opponent his size and the majority of the backlash comes because of Crybaby bullshit threads like this.

Its not about him having credibility, we all know he is talented, its just the fact is that he only gets this treatment because he is Irish, and brought in a whole new fanbase and money source to the ufc. If you remember his first few fights he wasnt a cockbag who belittled his opponents and cut them off during press-conferences. He adopted the persona once the UFC picked him up as their golden boy

It just so happend to workout, being that Conor actually had the talent and skill behind his hype train. But the thing that bugs me is, if he was american, or brazilian, even Russian, he would be nobody. he wouldnt be making millions, he wouldnt have a bentley and a new suit every time he's on camera. He'd be another Khabib who is only known to mma fans.

Props to him for being a real champion, but his persona and lifestyle are all hand gifted bullshit
Actually, after his first win, he called out the entire division, started insulting them on twitter. He created the hype - that in conjunction with his brilliant KO of Brimage. I think it would have been the same no matter what nationality he was.

Back