Gunnar Nelson's Strength Underrated?

Xplosive-Viking

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here he is cleaning and push pressing 60kg(135 pounds) kettlebell! Thats pretty good for a small welterweight mma fighter, jeez.

Recent pad-work.

I belive Gunnar can become top 5 rather quickly.. Damien Maia is basicly crushing everyone at welterweight.. And he is only getting older and gunnar better and better..

I didnt like gunnars spinning slap-kicks from that video though, looked a bit sloppy.. the spinning back kick seemd very hard though!

Yeah but Maia threw him about like an empty jacket.

Is the pad work really recent? It says in July before 189. Also the spinning back kicks looked alright to me, not the fastest but I wouldn't say sloppy.

Last edited:
He still seems small for WW. But i guess if his team mate gets the 155 strap he will stay at 170

He's certainly very strong for his size, it's just his size isn't very big. With the usada era no IV changes this should become less of a factor at WW. Hendricks, once one of the largest WW's, looked much smaller against Wonderboy for example.

He gassed pretty bad in th Maia fight if I remember correctly, cardio over weights.

tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o4_r1_500.gif

Yeah but Maia threw him about like an empty jacket.

Maia has done that to everyone except that boring guy who seems to beat everyone..

Gunnar did extremely well in the first round though, very nice scrambles i havent seen from any other WW. And remember, maia is in his prime and on his way out of it, gunnar has many many years left to reach his potensial.

And he will grow even more into the devision, especially now that the IV ban is gone. Before, Gunnar could easily go to LW, and yet he kept fighting big welterweights and former middleweights(Maia), and still looking very very good.

Maia says zero fucks given.

Didn't look so strong in his last fight. Maia ragdolled, son'ed, big brothered, dirty uncle-ed, priested, him.

Love Gunnar and was surprised Maia crushed him. Still think he's he's pretty special though

we should chill on gunny until he builds himself back up. Let him fight rory

Back