Kimo Leopoldo: Highlight and a Couple Fights...

BisexualMMA

Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!
@Titanium
Reaction score
The original UFC "brute strength" fighter, the Samson that nearly took out Royce Gracie as David. If he had cut his hair like Samson, Royce wouldn't have had anything to pull and there might have been a different champion at UFC 3...

And he later played the Royce Gracie role, when he was the smaller and more skilled man, and took on a musclebound beast in Bob Sapp.

Kimo Leopoldo against Bam Bam Bigelow, one of the few WWF / WWE stars to actually give MMA a try.

Bigelow had the potential to be a great MMA fighter if he had the proper training. He was off the hook athletic for a guy his size. Too bad for him his fight was in 1996, where there wasn't any options.

Kimo's ring entrance were more entertaining than his fights.

Bam-bam couldn't make 265, but they would of made some interesting matches for him in Pride, the Japanese would love his head, flames and all

Dude was more souped up than a ferrarri and nuttier than squirrel shit.

Bigelow had the potential to be a great MMA fighter if he had the proper training. He was off the hook athletic for a guy his size. Too bad for him his fight was in 1996, where there wasn't any options.

I totally agree, he was just too old even when the sport was young. If there was something like MMA and real gyms in the mid 80's he'd have been right at the top of the sport.

His best performance was against Paul Varelens....took a beating for 8 mins, then wrecked Polar Bear in about 30 seconds. Also the best shape he'd ever been in.

My high-school wrestling coach knew Kimo pretty well. I asked him who was the strongest person he had ever personally met, and he told me Kimo had this sort of old-man strength that was just beyond anyone he had ever known. And my coach was about 290 pounds of brick.

Another old school bump for my Sherdizzles.

Back