Cormier main sparring partner ahead of Jones fight? Verhoeven? Rockhold? Magomedov?

D3tocqueville

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey gyus,

maybe Cormier said it somewhere but do you know who is his main sparring partner before second Jones fight? Cain is injured and I remember that before 1st fight vs. Jones Cormier sparred mainly with Luke Rockhold who was imitating Bones. But lately he had elbow problem, so not sure if he recoverd already...

So who is nowadays his main sparingpartner? Verhoeven? Magomedov?

c63U_RHMoB0.jpg

I remember him shitting on Rockhold saying "Luke was great but it wasnt like having Cain to train with"

DC didn't have Cain in his last camp for Bones either. Although Velasquez and Jon Jones fight nothing alike, it still must be detrimental not to have your main training partner there.

he should fly Frank Munoz in, if there is a fighter that can mimic Bones striking, it is this man

i584le.jpg

JLB in the picture for size comparison

I would think Rockhold would be a great training partner in preparation for Jones, he's rangy, mixes up his attacks well, he's well rounded, and he's elite. There probably aren't too many guys out there that would be better for him

Rumble brought in Israel Adesanya to help prepare for Bones when that fight was planned. He would be the perfect pick IMO.

Out of the available fighters at AKA, I think that Rockhold is likely the guy that can imitate Bones best.

Back