Eddie Alvarez: "I lost a split decision to Cerrone" (MMA Hour)

Tasar

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
With all due respect, Eddie, that is not how I remember that fight.

Donald%2BCerrone%2BChops%2BDown%2BEddie%2BAlvarez%2BUFC%2B178.gif

tumblr_ncmd7b01Mi1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

I can't stand that guy and he is delusional . (just hate the way he fights not personal). Mr wall and stall. Nobody wants to see him in a title fight, it's his own fault.

Eddie looked like he didn't belong at LW against Cerrone and then he beats Gil and Pettis in his next 2 fights. Crazy.

Might be time for Eddie to utilize some of that Smart Striking training that's all the rage these days.

I can't stand that guy and he is delusional . (just hate the way he fights not personal). Mr wall and stall. Nobody wants to see him in a title fight, it's his own fault.
2 fights doesn't make him Mr. wall and Stall.

It's not like he went toe to toe with Cerrone, and Chandler twice.

He did put a better fight against Cerrone i give you that. . but his last fight is fresh in my memory.

And he probably thinks he won unanimous decisions against Gil and Pettis.

No wonder he changed his style. He realized he can't hang in the striking department in the UFC, unlike Bellator. Gotta get in the clinch and spam le takedowns.

Pretty sure had the octagon jitters against Cerrone. He's way better than that fight showed.

Cerrone spanked him, if it was 5 rounds he would of gotten finished.

Gil was absolutely destroying him until he completely gassed. Gil lost that bout, Eddie didn't win it.

The Pettis fight consisted of Pettis fighting and Eddie trying to stop Pettis from beating on him by hugging him against the cage.

With all due respect, Eddie, that is not how I remember that fight.
well he won the first round big possibly a 10 - 8 or 10 - 7 he was lighting cerrone up but let's ignore that huh

No wonder he changed his style. He realized he can't hang in the striking department in the UFC, unlike Bellator. Gotta get in the clinch and spam le takedowns.
who has hanged on the feet with pettis without taking him down ?

Lol stfu, Alvarez has been in plenty of wars. UFC noob.

Alvarez is old news the guy is done.. sorry but he will never get the title, he will be back in Bellator in no time.

Eddie looked like he didn't belong at LW against Cerrone and then he beats Gil and Pettis in his next 2 fights. Crazy.
He just neutralized them - Eddie hasn't really beaten anyone in the UFC.

Gil lost that bout, Eddie didn't win it.

This is such a silly thing to say. Those two things are the same. In every single fight the person who lost the fight lost it and the person who won, won it. No shit - if the loser had fought better they would have won. If the winner had fought worse they would have lost. It's meaningless salty nonsense.

Cerrone kicked his ass pretty good but Eddie did get a few got shots in there. I was flabbergasted when I heard it was a split decision, should have been unanimous for Cerrone. But then he beat Pettis, so that was his redemption in my opinion.

Back