CM Punk back injury

Big_Chief_Stove

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Seems a little strange that CM Punk just happens to come out with this story days after Gall destroys Jackson in his UFC debut...My suspicion is that Punk was intimidated and realized that he has a lot more work to do before he's really prepared for this fight. Am I right?

Or are you right?

Outstanding thread. Will open a lot of poster's eyes with this new theory.

The first thing I thought of was that he was trying to find a way to delay the fight as long as possible.

I'm not saying he's faking an injury or anything because an injury needs to be confirmed by a doctor. There's a lot of fans around here that I've seen talk about a fighter faking an injury, but I don't see how that's possible because it has to be confirmed by a doctor. Unless they paid a doctor to make some fake shit up, I don't know. It's very possible to do that, but let's not jump to any conspiracies here.

But this is too much of a coincidence. Now that Punk finally has an opponent and basically has a date set, he gets injured and needs surgery or something? Yeah.. what are the odds.. seems a little strange to me.

The first thing I thought of was that he was trying to find a way to delay the fight as long as possible.

I'm not saying he's faking an injury or anything because an injury needs to be confirmed by a doctor. There's a lot of fans around here that I've seen talk about a fighter faking an injury, but I don't see how that's possible because it has to be confirmed by a doctor. Unless they paid a doctor to make some fake shit up, I don't know. It's very possible to do that, but let's not jump to any conspiracies here.

But this is too much of a coincidence. Now that Punk finally has an opponent and basically has a date set, he gets injured and needs surgery or something? Yeah.. what are the odds.. seems a little strange to me.
Yeah, I'm not saying he faked the back injury, it just seems strange that he would choose now to get it fixed. Why not before this?

I find it strange CM Punk does an interview on Saturday looking ready to go.

2 days later he's having back surgery? Didn't he know he might be having surgery when he walked into the octagon to face off with Gall?

2 days later he's having back surgery? Didn't he know he might be having surgery when he walked into the octagon to face off with Gall?
It's supposedly very minor surgery and the fight is still on.

He did know prior to going there. He went knowing he was likely to have back surgery. This may have been a way to get on Ufc 200.

That's what they're trying to imply. Seems very strange that he's choosing now to get the surgery instead of like 3-6 months ago when it would've made sense for someone trying to be ready to compete.

12670305_220870481588764_4509294838565451895_n.jpg

He did know prior to going there. He went knowing he was likely to have back surgery. This may have been a way to get on Ufc 200.
Very astute of you, that would be a good incentive to get the surgery now also.

I'm not sayin' he's faking it...But.... he's faking it.

Seems a little strange that CM Punk just happens to come out with this story days after Gall destroys Jackson in his UFC debut...My suspicion is that Punk was intimidated and realized that he has a lot more work to do before he's really prepared for this fight. Am I right?

He claims that he knew about his back surgery before the fight announcement but didn't want to tell anyone...
Hmmmm....

Back