I need all your help with the 'USADA Era' Thread

paddy_da_pikey

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Hello all,

Iv been wanting to make a thread about the 'USADA Era' as a place where everyone can have a 'one stop shop' reference point to everything since the USADA era began.

This is to include fighters who have;

• Changed weight class (moved up and less ripped / moved down and less muscle mass)
  • Changed walkaround weigh (IE they got smaller or bigger but stayed in same division)
  • Failed the eye test (looked physicaly different)
  • Physical performance change (explosiveness / cardio)
  • Failed a drug test

I would like everyone to make their suggestions in the comments below with the following;
  • Name of the fighter
  • Categories above that you believe are appropriate
EG.

Chris Weidman - Walkaround Weight (15 lbs lighter) & Physical Performance (Less explosive / poor cardio)

Erik Silva - Eye test fail & Physical Performance

On the other hand...

Yoel Romero - Eye Test fail (looked physically the same in USADA era.....buuuuuuuuuut Failed Drug Test

As the USADA Era only started in July I am going to back date it to January 2015 starting with Anderson Silva and Hector Lombard as these were the straws that broke the camels back and actually forced UFC to look into employing a 3rd party tester therefore fighters were aware the changes were coming and as such this is when the change began

Therefore include anyone who has failed a 2015 drug test in the list also even if it was pre July 2015

Rules:

I will update the list above with names under each sub heading by editing this very post as the place to reference and try to do so in Alphabetical order

Only suggestions that get 10 'Likes' or agreements will be added to the edited list above

Any challenges to entries on the list will require 20 'likes' or disagreements in order to have the name or category removed as this will be required to show a unanimous disaproval not a 50/50 split

*Any suggestions on how to improve on the presentation of this data follows the same rules as for additions to the list, as this is OUR list not MINE, I am just the administrator

Hopefully if this thread is successful we can have it made into a Sticky for future 'USADA Era' references

I look forward to all your inputs

Many Thanks

'The Pikey'

huBDiXa.gif

Machida went from ripped to very soft and tiny too in a short period of time, claiming he put on 6 pounds of muscle when he was tiny and bloated.

Very noticeable difference in his appearance from the Mousasi to the Rockhold fight. Many posters here claimed he was injured, but Machida himself said he was fine. Also it was clear he didn't put 6 pounds of muscle on. Just came in visibly less muscular, defined, and a lot more bloated.

I have a strong feeling that no one will do it

But here's my contribution anyway;

Hendricks,looked a little smaller

I don't like where this thread is going. A lot of implications and accusations will come from this. Not a good idea.

This is to include fighters who have:

• Changed weight class (moved up and less ripped / moved down and less muscle mass)
  • Changed walkaround weigh (IE they got smaller or bigger but stayed in same division)
  • Failed the eye test (looked physicaly different)
  • Physical performance change (explosiveness / cardio)
  • Failed a drug test

The stuff in red is what can be actually verified and will avoid Shertardedness over 9000.

The stuff in green is asking for Asparagus levels over 9,000,000.

remember the time when this would get you banned?

This topic is gonna cause alot of issues. I advise you delete this shit now before it becomes a attack thread towards those whom do not deserve it.

No one is asking anyone to accuse anyone of anything - just a factual lest of drug failures and an opionion poll on fighters whos appearance or performance as changed drastically during the USADA era - this comes up in almost every thread post fight

random out of competition testing only started on october 1st
and iv ban also only started on october 1st

and you cant go back to last january because usada coming in wasnt even known publicly then

random out of competition testing only started on october 1st
and iv ban also only started on october 1st

and you cant go back to last january because usada coming in wasnt even known publicly then

This is true.

TS - If you actually want this to have a chance of taking off, atleast do some work and google the fighters that have failed tests.

my advice is do the work yourself and present it.

the trouble with getting information from anyone, you have to go through and verify it anyway before you present it yourself, so invariably its easier just to do the work yourself to start with.

theres nothing wrong with finding likeminded people to contribute, give you pointers, sources etc which you go and verify, but im not sure asking on sherdog for people to list "eye test" failures is the best starting point for something like that.

try and stick to facts, rather than opinions.

my advice is do the work yourself and present it.

the trouble with getting information from anyone, you have to go through and verify it anyway before you present it yourself, so invariably its easier just to do the work yourself to start with.

theres nothing wrong with finding likeminded people to contribute, give you pointers, sources etc which you go and verify, but im not sure asking on sherdog for people to list "eye test" failures is the best starting point for something like that.

try and stick to facts, rather than opinions.
Yep. The eye test is what i was speaking of when i said this will only cause hate towards fighters who dont deserve it.

This is true.

TS - If you actually want this to have a chance of taking off, atleast do some work and google the fighters that have failed tests.
I wasnt going for the date it started rather the time period when fighters were given the heads up that UFC were looking into a 3rd party tester which I believe was February last year after Silva tested positive, and to make things even just do the entire callendar year

Back