Conor beats RDA, then Khabib beats Conor

snapster

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
...is how I see 2016 playing out. Or maybe it's how I'd like to see it play out. I think RDA has a strong chance, but after seeing Thompson obliterate Hendricks, my confidence in RDA is a little shaken. On the MMA hour RDA said he felt he could beat Conor "striking, grappling, K1, whatever". Whatever is right. I know he's just talking, but it does sound like another case of a fighter not knowing his strengths.
I imagine Khabib will get by Ferguson, and if he looks like the unstoppable force he looked like in the past, and he doesn't slip on a banana peel between fights, then I pick Khabib over Conor. Conor looks good, but I don't think I've ever seen Khabib look remotely in trouble. I would greatly look forward to this fight.

Thompson had more size over Hendricks then Conor has over RDA.

johny-hendricks-stephen-thompson-ufc-fight-night-82.jpg
e147d840-bfc6-11e5-9dfb-63688c4f9fc1_505880442.jpg

Khabib won't beat Cucuy, so I don't see that fight even happening.

Khabib will get injured, too, so even if he beats Cucuy, it'll be another year before he's ready for a title fight.

Khabib has become some kind of mythical creature around here without even fighting.

If khabib got a shot conor would suddenly feel the need to have a superfight with robbie lawler.

Khabib will get injured, too, so even if he beats Cucuy, it'll be another year before he's ready for a title fight.
Khabib will dominate Ferguson in the clinch. The only way Ferguson wins is by separating immediately when Khabib grabs him and winning the fight with striking. Unless Khabib has lost a step in his time out, that's not happening.

Ferguson is tough and he can grapple but his "unorthodox" style is called being awkward and uncoordinated. He will never beat a top 5 opponent.

Agree, just nor sure about the Conor part. K-man smokes whoever is there.

Khabib is 155 true champ, unless if he comes back a shell of his former self. If you haven't beaten Khabib you're not true champ at LW. Khabib bless.

Khabib has become some kind of mythical creature around here without even fighting.
Once upon a time, the guy did fight, and he ragdolled the current LW champ same as he ragdolled everyone else. Plus Cruz demonstrated that ring rust is not a guaranteed performance-killer.

if conor wins and khabib wins one two and is clear number #1 contender, then look forward to conor starting/announcing that "mcgregor entertainment llc" co promotion shortly after, to which khabib certainly will not be signed to and rematch joe duffy...or go to a vegan diet/get with dolce and go back to 145 cuz that what his irsih fans want or whatever excuse ...i think he knows khabib blankets him..conor and his camp are going to try to get a feel in the next few fights what connor (provided he keeps winning) could bring in on his own without ufc based on the numbers for his next few ppv s but they know its all dependent on staying undefeated in the ufc while he is there..

fighters and/or their agent/manager are smart enough or should be humble enough to recognize a bad style matchup when they see one, they have to cuz of the money stake when u lose, especially at the championship level its amplified ..i remember a silva trying to avoid weidman like the plague until he was forced to fight him and he was invincible to the public at the time, no onew thought he would lose at the time except hardcore fans and other fighters..i think anderson or soares tried to put off the inevitable cause even the best fighter knows a bad style matchup when they see one...floyd didnt fight manny until after he saw marquez ko him etc

..its a big if though, rda and ferguson are both great fighters. i think ferguson is a bad style matchup for khabib, at least for a first fight back ...ferguson is long, good td defense and great ground game..i thought alvarez , pettis, cerrone, or diaz would have been a easier style matchup for khabib...ferguson was the only one besides cerrone with the balls to take a fight against khabib..others are scared to lose their place in line or use the khabib is not a "big" enough name

Cucuy is good, no doubt...I just can't visualize him beating Khabib. How?

Once upon a time, the guy did fight, and he ragdolled the current LW champ same as he ragdolled everyone else. Plus Cruz demonstrated that ring rust is not a guaranteed performance-killer.

Yeah, I have been as impressed with anyone by Khabib, but there is plenty of reason to question how he will perform at this point. And sure, Cruz had an amazing recovery, but there are plenty of examples of the contrary. Not to mention, that by Khabib's own admission, he has contemplated retirement as a result of all his injury struggles.

I think it is far from a given that he will immediately or ever return to the form he had when he was active.

Personally, I would withhold some of the expectations until we see him return.

Khabib will dominate Ferguson in the clinch. The only way Ferguson wins is by separating immediately when Khabib grabs him and winning the fight with striking. Unless Khabib has lost a step in his time out, that's not happening.

Ferguson is tough and he can grapple but his "unorthodox" style is called being awkward and uncoordinated. He will never beat a top 5 opponent.
Ferguson is a killer.
Everything he throws has the intention of taking your head off.
I think he can crack a few in the top 5 convincingly.

Khabib is 155 true champ, unless if he comes back a shell of his former self. If you haven't beaten Khabib you're not true champ at LW. Khabib bless.

So I guess then Vitor is the true champ at 185, Assuncao is the true champ at 135 as well??

...is how I see 2016 playing out. Or maybe it's how I'd like to see it play out. I think RDA has a strong chance, but after seeing Thompson obliterate Hendricks, my confidence in RDA is a little shaken. On the MMA hour RDA said he felt he could beat Conor "striking, grappling, K1, whatever". Whatever is right. I know he's just talking, but it does sound like another case of a fighter not knowing his strengths.
I imagine Khabib will get by Ferguson, and if he looks like the unstoppable force he looked like in the past, and he doesn't slip on a banana peel between fights, then I pick Khabib over Conor. Conor looks good, but I don't think I've ever seen Khabib look remotely in trouble. I would greatly look forward to this fight.
By you saying anyone under the sun can beat Conor, your thread is about to get ugly with romo Conor fans flaming you. You just desecrated their God.

Khabib can fight CM Punk. He'll be ready just in time for his debut in 2025. If I were Gall I would ask Cummins to put in a good word for him at Pat's former employee.

Khabib wont get to Conor because he wont beat Ferguson.

Back