Move to heavyweight???

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
If Jon Jones Beat Cormier when he return, do you think he will move to HW right away or stay a LW a little longer? (Gus rematch or Rumble seem High risk/low reward)

He recently said he thought he had 3 fights left at LHW. Cormier 2, Gus and Rumble iirc

If Jon Jones Beat Cormier when he return, do you think he will move to HW right away or stay a LW a little longer? (Gus rematch or Rumble seem High risk/low reward)
When Jones beats Cormier, I think he'd rather rematch Gus (to quell the doubters) than fight Rumble. I don't see the rematch between DC and Jones going any differently, and I actually see it being more one-sided than last time. Gus just might be that fighter that happens to give Jones a hard time.

I won't say it's low reward, but it's definitely high-risk in fighting Rumble. Jones will have to use his speed and reach advantages, use a high volume offence, and stay as far away from Johnson as possible. If Rumble connects, I think Jones is in a world of trouble.

Gus is no longer high risk for Jones
lol he beat the fuck outa jones.. Lucky jones is american, and the judges is extremely bias, just like you.

Gus smokes jones in a rematch ;)

As for heavyweight, i would LOOOOVE for jones to go there ;) I dont even think he would be top 5.

He said he and Rumble have some unfinished business.

Jones does not duck.. he is GOAT and knows it.

He recently said he thought he had 3 fights left at LHW. Cormier 2, Gus and Rumble iirc

He's been saying that for years. Not disputing you, I just wish he'd do it already instead of talking about it all the time

I have to see him fight Rumble. Watching the first round of a Rumble fight is like watching Final Destination; you know that somebody is going to die, you're just not sure when it's going to happen. After the first round, don't care anymore

He's been saying that for years. Not disputing you, I just wish he'd do it already instead of talking about it all the time
He probably would've if he hadn't been busy doing coke and crashing into pregnant women.

NND2OIO.gif

Now that God (McGregor) is setting a precedent that you can hold two titles, I could see Jones giving this a whirl.

Well sure as fuck HW division is'nt scary as seemed few years ago

Back