Aldo vs. RDA at LW. Who would you pick?

Interesting...

RDA I suppose but we'll know more after the Mc G fight

Aldo, his TD defence is far better than Pettis and his striking is probably better than RDA.

RDA of today is on a completely different level... Just look at their past 4 fights.

RDA of today is on a completely different level... Just look at their past 4 fights.
that's what you think. After Conor beats him and makes it look easy people are gonna discredit RDA like they did with Aldo.

Since Aldo's TDD is so good, I would pick him as the winner in a stand up war for an UD.

RDA, I think he's a more well rounded fighter, the fact that Aldo almost never uses his wrestling hurts him.

that's what you think. After Conor beats him and makes it look easy people are gonna discredit RDA like they did with Aldo.

No, I am only speaking facts. Look at their past 4 fights, the level of competition they were facing and how dominant they were even before the McGregor KO.

RDA: Cerrone (TKO 1st), Pettis (5 Round Domination), Benson (KO 1st round, first time Benson was finished), Diaz (5 Round Domination)

Aldo: Mendes (Very close 5 round war), Ricardo Lamas (Close, boring 5 round points fight), KZ (Lame TKO after KZ popped his shoulder out, Aldo looked the worst he ever has), Frankie Edgar (Close, boring 5 round points fight)

Not to mention that Aldo's fight with Frankie was February 2, 2013 and RDA's fight with Benson was August 23, 2014. There is no question that RDA of today is much more dangerous than Aldo of today.

However as far as overall legacy goes, Aldo is still ahead of RDA.

This is true

If Conor does what he says and makes it look easy it would be the pound for pound number 1 and the champion from a higher weight class KO d one after another . It will be something that no other fighter has ever done but he still won't get the credit he deserves and Kabhib the next one to expose him .

No, I am only speaking facts. Look at their past 4 fights, the level of competition they were facing and how dominant they were even before the McGregor KO.

RDA: Cerrone (TKO 1st), Pettis (5 Round Domination), Benson (KO 1st round, first time Benson was finished), Diaz (5 Round Domination)

Aldo: Mendes (Very close 5 round war), Ricardo Lamas (Close, boring 5 round points fight), KZ (Lame TKO after KZ popped his shoulder out, Aldo looked the worst he ever has), Frankie Edgar (Close, boring 5 round points fight)

Not to mention that Aldo's fight with Frankie was February 2, 2013 and RDA's fight with Benson was August 23, 2014. There is no question that RDA of today is much more dangerous than Aldo of today.

However as far as overall legacy goes, Aldo is still ahead of RDA.

I stopped reading at Aldo vs Lamas being a close fight because that's false

I stopped reading at Aldo vs Lamas being a close fight because that's false

It was a 5 round decision with Lamas backpedaling and Aldo not doing much to try to put him away... It was much closer than it should've been.

Look at what Mendes did to Lamas.

And you acting like me calling that fight close completely discredits everything I said in my post is lol-worthy. Never change.

Logical-Fallacies-fallacy-fallacy-620x390.jpg

Last edited:
I think Aldo doesn't use takedowns often is because he would gas if he tried to.

I don't think that's the case, I think he's just almost always had a bigger edge standing so he used his skill set to keep it there but he needs to use his wrestling offensively to keep people guessing even if he doesn't get it or even if it's not a great attempt it still keeps them guessing and reacting instead of acting. He hasn't had cardio problems in years and it was only really for 1-2 fights.

Aldo. Best TDD in the entire game. He is faster, more technical, and simply just the better fighter.

Back