McGregor has almost nothing to lose against RDA.

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Except for some hate on forums like this.

• He will make millions either way.

• If he wins he writes history in the UFC

• Lose and he will still be champion fighting smaller guys again.
This is basically just a bonus fight for CM.

Quite true. Except if he gets a brutal beating. That could hurt his stock for a while.

Not totally untrue. Depends on how he loses and takes this loss.

He is obsessed with money. Losing will cost him money. He will still make a lot but he makes a lot more while winning. So no. I think he has a lot to lose. Also I believe his stock depends a lot on him winning imo similar to Ronda. People will start losing interest if he loses.

vxCkX4.gif

You talk that much shit and lose, it's gonna look bad.

Except for his entire reputation. RDA has even less to lose since he's nowhere near as famous as McGaygor.

Said the same thing in some other thread.

Even tho I can't stand him, Conor is a smart guy.

Except for being a 2-division champion is his dream.

Not being able to achieve his dreams,nothing to lose for sure.

Did not BJ lose everything including his legacy when he moved up and lost to GSP?

Except for some hate on forums like this.

• He will make millions either way.

• If he wins he writes history in the UFC

• Lose and he will still be champion fighting smaller guys again.
This is basically just a bonus fight for CM.
Yeah, no. Being just the fw champ, means being just another champ, means 200k a fight and a brutal weight cut, ad infinitum. Basically, he loses everything, especially if loses badly.

Nothing to lose but his consciousness and health. C'mon, give the guy props where due.

If he loses most fans will claim the hype train derailed. His hype being his doing of course, constantly praising himself as the ruler of MMA while everyone else is on their knees worshipping him, his constant downplaying of his fellow fighters, calling them pussies, roided, chicken, slow, predictable, etc...etc...

I believe some of his fans will also turn on him, his mystic is so absurd that even his fellow irishman, his friends, and people close to him will be affected by this in some way or another. The guy is the biggest attention whore in the sport, plus he is very successful. When he loses people will say the hype train got derailed.

He is the challenger for the 155 title. Simple as that.

That's a loser mentality that I doubt McGregor shares.

Losing is a bit of a disaster. He can't safely cut to 145 indefinitely so a lot is riding on this fight.

If McGoof gets brutalized then it will be a great day. He certainly will be falling if he loses because then he will have to go back down in weight to defend his belt and lose that too or he will get stripped of it.

Either way I do not care as long as Aldo gets his rematch or the belt back. I prefer Aldo to smash Conor and take it back though.

He is obsessed with money. Losing will cost him money. He will still make a lot but he makes a lot more while winning. So no. I think he has a lot to lose. Also I believe his stock depends a lot on him winning imo similar to Ronda. People will start losing interest if he loses.

I have a feeling he wants use a victory as leverage against the UFC for more money.

Losing is a bit of a disaster. He can't safely cut to 145 indefinitely so a lot is riding on this fight.

Yep It will be a big disaster because he doesn't intend on giving Aldo a rematch ever, but if he loses then he will have to or have the belt stripped.

Back