It was a diuretic?!? (Regarding Romero).

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
According to
http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/yoel-romero-did-not-fail-drug-test-for-steroids-report-says/

"After Romero’s team recently insisted that the failure was due to an undisclosed substance found in an over-the-counter legal training supplement, the mixed martial arts community pretty much wrote the statement off as another cheater’s excuse. Compounded with his stool gate controversy and numerous accusations of sly tactics, Romero’s reputation began to take a slating. Well, according to a report by ENT Imports, USADA have followed up Romero’s claim and also verified it. Check out the update:

According to our undisclosed sources, Yoel was unaware there were any banned substances in his dietary supplement and they were not listed on the label. USADA independently bought and tested the product that foiled Yoel’s clean drug testing record and found the diuretic in it."

image.png

I understand Yoel is the perfect recipient for hate. He's ripped, religious, confident, the total antithesis of internet forums.

Whether he is or isn't on steroids, we don't know. The good news is that I won't judge you. If I more closely resembled a giant pear than a professional athlete, I would probably point the steroid finger at everyone as well. Really, it will be ok.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter at this point.

I still can't see Romero getting off without some type of suspension.

Yoel's quite an unusual character in today's boring MMA landscape, and a fun fighter to watch. I implore the gods (Gay Jesus included) to spare him some shitty USADA ban.

????

Still on the prohibited list.

True, but less serious imo. If the USADA actually bought the supplement independently and found the same diuretic which was not in the label I gotta say it is a decent defense. We can't expect athletes to lab test all their supplements.

True, but less serious imo. If the USADA actually bought the supplement independently and found the same diuretic which was not in the label I gotta say it is a decent defense. We can't expect athletes to lab test all their supplements.

Do they (USADA) have a tiered system (punishment wise) when it comes to different categories?

I thought a fail was a fail.

why is it less serious? One of the main uses for diuretics is to help mask steroid use.

Do they (USADA) have a tiered system (punishment wise) when it comes to different categories?

For them to acknowledge he took something over the counter and the prohibited substance was not in the ingredients is fucking insane. I would think that changes things.

Please God. Enough if the boring white bread MMA fighters that rule this division. Now that Anderson is basically retiring this division needs Romero even more. I am a white guy but sick of Chris's reign being exchanged for a virtually identical fighter except he's single and has a big cock! Who do we want next as champion Bisping? Tim K? Diversity please...

Still his responsibility. Is what it is.

If he can prove it wasn't his intent to cheat, they'll take it easier on him.

He probably won't get away without a scratch because he still did compete with a banned substance but there's a whole lot of difference between purposely taking a banned substance and it being in a dietary supplement and not being on the label.

He won't get a two year ban for that.

why is it less serious? One of the main uses for diuretics is to help mask steroid use.
Read the article, the usda confirmed it was an over the counter supplement that he took that did NOT have the diuretic in the ingredients list. They bought it, tested it, and it popped again. He didn't purposely take diuretics. It's more of a fuck up on the supplement.

Wheres all the muscle envy Sherbros accusing Romero of PEDs now???

Mr Romero deserves an apology

Yoel's body is THE prototype of someone who uses steroids. To look and perform like that at 38 simply doesnt happen naturally

it was pretty clear Romero wasn't clean, he was the Ubereem of th MW Div, Like Lombard is the Ubereem of WW. wasn't surprise when those 2 failed testing. not like Anderson, that came out of the left field

there has been so much wrong information given out by 'undisclosed sources' for this particular case. im gonna wait until usada or zuffa confirm something.

first time ive heard of entimports as well.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/1...fetime-bans-fines-steroids-marijuana-mma-news

There is a difference (punishment) for different categories.

CFEKCjbVEAAflRh.jpg

Back