Top 5 WW all time-

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
What's your Top 5. Top 3 cannot be debated imo but the remaining 2 spot?

My top 5
1.GSP
2.Matt Hughes
3.Pat Miletich (pioneer in the ufc , 4 title defense)
-
4. Robbie Lawler (since the move to WW, 8-1. only defeat split vs Big Riggs. 3 title defense to this day)
5. Carlos Condit (WEC champion, UFC interim champ. arguably should have won Vs lawler)

honorable mention ;
BJ Penn (UFC champion but his record at WW is not good, 2-5-1.gifted fighter but too small)
Nick Diaz (strikeforce, elite xc champion fought everywhere very successful)
Kos (15win in UFC ww division, pretty impressive)
Carlos Newton (pioneer, UFC champion, fought in pride .Win agaisnt Miletich, Renzo,Jose LandiJons)
Forgot somebody?

I can't think of anyone you missed. Good list.

Depends if you're going off Legacy, In the Cage Skills, or Talent relative to their time period.

If it's the second then Matt Hughes, Militech, and Newton aren't even Honorable mentions.

Depends if you're going off Legacy, In the Cage Skills, or Talent relative to their time period.

If it's either of the last two, Matt Hughes, Militech, and Newton aren't even Honorable mentions.
Well it's like saying Bill Russell would get kill in the NBA today. Yes, but 11x nba champion and 5 MVP make you an all time great.

Pretty good list.

Jake Shields deserves a shout in the honourable mentions. Beating Okami and Conit on the same night is pretty fucking impressive.

Matt Hughes and Carlos Newton were very skilled. One dimensional and unskilled are not the same thing. In fact, Hughes was more multi-skilled than I'm even giving him credit for. Fantastic wrestling, solid submission skills, and for a brief, glorious moment in his career, he was K-1 Hughes

shields needs to at least mentioned and newton taken out

GSP, Hughes, Shields, Condit, Hendricks

I can only laugh at Miletich. Hughes would embarrass him as we all know. 1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Lawler
4. Condit
5. Shields
I don't care about the rest, but I would like to see new blood in top five. Maia or Rory could stake their claim. Hell Hendricks with a few wins could redeem himself.

Matt hughes didnt need to do spin kicks and flying iranian judo chops to win in his era,so he didnt train those things. So him being "one dimensional" was not a knock on him. The game caught up with him,only after he had his long and glorious reign.

All time

GSP
Hughes
Shields
Newton
Pat

Honorable mention
Baby Jay
Lawler

Never going to make the list no matter what
Ben Askren

well no shit gsp. that goes without question.

Pretty good list.

Jake Shields deserves a shout in the honourable mentions. Beating Okami and Conit on the same night is pretty fucking impressive.
Jake shields throws a punch like my sister throws a baseball..
Lol-no

@Sonny , yeah I just wanted to identify the question in order to answer it.

GSP - Obvious.
Hughes - For Reign.
Penn - For his feat of winning WW & LW title, and For winning the WW title against Prime Hughes in embarrassingly dominant fashion.
Fitch - #2 For most of the duration of GSPs #1 Reign.
Robbie Lawler - For the current title streak against a Higher level of competition than anyone has ever fought at WW consecutively.

If we were talking just pure I don't want to fight them, in WW history, It would be GSP, Lawler, Rory, Condit & Young Anderson.

No Lawler , and you put hendricks, don't get it?
17 total wins, 6 of which are top 10 victories > 8 total wins, 4 of which are top 10 victories.

Robbie really hasn't been winning all that long.

Back