Cody Garbrandt on Joseph and Palmer: "They are training with the enemy"

DaffodilMcWoozy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

More of Team Alpha Male has been training with the Elevation Fight Team in Colorado after T.J. Dillashaw jumped ship. The members of Team Alpha male including Dillashaw basically had to choose sides between coaches Urijah Faber and Duane Ludwig after their falling out.

Team Alpha Male fighter Cody Garbrandt spoke with Submission Radio recently on the split between some of the team and if he would ever go to train with the Elevation crew (transcribed by MMA Fighting):

“F**k no. I would never go to Elevation,” Garbrandt told Submission Radio. “No, I wouldn’t, I wouldn’t go there. You know, [Joseph Benavidez and Lance Palmer] are out there and training with T.J. They have previous relationships with him so it’s whatever, but they’re going to come back and train with us in the team? I don’t know how well that’s going to go over.”

Garbrandt is already eyeing a fight with Dillashaw, his former teammate and the former UFC bantamweight champion.

“I’ll probably end up fighting T.J., so I guess I’ll focus on this fight and I guess we’ll have to talk about that when it comes,” said Garbrandt. “You know, [Benavidez and Palmer] will continue to train with T.J., basically ‘the enemy’ and Duane Ludwig and all those guys, so I don’t know. I don’t really try to focus on that too much this camp.”

The undefeated rising star is a bit upset with Palmer who knows very well and has had in his corner for his last few bouts.

“He’s from Ohio, he’s my boy,” Garbrandt said of Palmer. “He’s one of my good friends, but at the end of the day you’re going to go out there and help that dude? You know what I mean? You’re going to go out and help that dude that’s not even on the team? I understand they have a friendship and whatever, this and that, but I don’t feel comfortable with it. But hey, I’m focusing on myself. I’m doing what I need to do to win this fight and further my career, so that’s all I have to worry about.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/cody...joseph-benavidez-lance-palmer-training-enemy/

Let's see you against stiffer competition before talking about fighting TJ, Cody. Hopefully he can beat Lineker.

I like his attitude and he makes a point. The Lineker fight is a strange one to me, but the winner should be in a good position.

Lineker is gonna knock him out and training with Ludwig, Elliot Marshall, etc>>>Justin Bucholz as a head coach lmao

Stay true brother.

I like Cody but I can see him getting starched against Lineker which will be the final nail in the coffin for TAM.

#Hespect. Dude has integrity.

Team Elevation is going about this all wrong imo, hard to root for the Foxcatcher of MMA

#Hespect. Dude has integrity.

Team Elevation is going about this all wrong imo, hard to root for the Foxcatcher of MMA

team elevation can't help it if they have better coaches and facilities than team alpha male. Justin Bucholz is the head coach of team alpha male now, what's that say about that gym?

Lol

I already know this dude doesn't have a champs mentality. I'd choose what dillasnake did over staying at one team anyday.

Faber isn't gonna pay this dudes bills.

He would go too if he had any brains. Under Ludwig TAM became one of the best camps in the world, when he left they started losing, a lot. Faber struggled with freaking Saenz.

TAM is an old, unevolved camp with no head coach.

team elevation can't help it if they have better coaches and facilities than team alpha male. Justin Bucholz is the head coach of team alpha male now, what's that say about that gym?
I thought Martin Kampmann took over as head coach? Did they can him already??

Who are the coaches at Elevation besides Marshall and Bang?

Granted Alpha Male has been in a mess of a situation when it comes to coaching, it was built from the ground up by Faber who went and discovered these guys and built them up.

Just think its kind of the same model as Blackzillians was built and we all know how that ended... poaching fighters with no real structure.

I thought Martin Kampmann took over as head coach? Did they can him already??

He left because his family didn't like living in Sacramento haha. Can't blame them.

Who are the coaches at Elevation besides Marshall and Bang?

Granted Alpha Male has been in a mess of a situation when it comes to coaching, it was built from the ground up by Faber who went and discovered these guys and built them up.

Just think its kind of the same model as Blackzillians was built and we all know how that ended... poaching fighters with no real structure.

Bang actually runs his own academy and isn't a part of team elevation.

Elliot Marshall,
Leister Bowling
think i saw a strength and conditioning coach in the countdown
iunno who they have for striking, can't be much worse than Master Thong at Alpha Male who dissapears for months at a time on drug/gambling binges

I got made respect for Garbrandt now and he 100% right.

Meanwhile Conor is reading this...

giphy.gif

Back