Wonderboy: for those of us who won't join the McSheep

snapster

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anyone else out there like McGregor's fighting style, but just can't stand all the other window-dressing that goes with it? I think he's got terrific stand-up skills, both offensively and defensively, and is bringing something new to the MMA table, particularly his wide stance and flexibility that allows him to strike his opponents but stay out of their range. But as much as I think his fighting is cool, he's such a damn tool otherwise, it kind of overwhelms the seven minutes of fighting he's done in the last year or whatever.

That's why I've found a new set of nuts to hug: namely Wonderboy's, of course. The guy is a refreshing change. His striking is great, and brings some of the new things that Conor has brought, and yet his personality is 180 degrees away from McCracker's. He doesn't go around dressed like a douche, actually may have heard of the concept of humility before, and even has that funny Carolinas slightly-effeminate accent. I think the UFC should promote this guy, not just the a-holes.

Whatever you want to do. I like both of them and don't feel the need to choose one or the other. That's not to say I like everything that Conor does, some of it offends me in fact, but I realize that life is generally more complicated than that. It's not like he's killed anyone.

"I'm a fan of McGregor. He's literally the Muhammad Ali of MMA right now." - Wonderboy

"I'm a fan of McGregor. He's literally the Muhammad Ali of MMA right now." - Wonderboy
That's nice and all, but if they were the same exact size and had a fight, Wonderboy would tear that man a new o-ring.

To be honest about mcg. Reminds me of early vitor. Someone that you can't imagine losing. It's going to take someone with the opposite style that would not risk and stay with his game plan. Not really who thinks he can beat conor anywhere.rda needs to make this a grappling match.

To be honest about mcg. Reminds me of early vitor. Someone that you can't imagine losing. It's going to take someone with the opposite style that would not risk and stay with his game plan. Not really who thinks he can beat conor anywhere.rda needs to make this a grappling match.
The first round against Mendes made me be able to imagine him losing. Maybe RDA can do what Mendes started with, but hold it for longer. RDA seems to have a solid gas tank.

Ya - hard not to like guys who actually make good fights - all hype and hoopla aside they deliver what I come to see. I'm satisfied and enjoy.

The first round against Mendes made me be able to imagine him losing. Maybe RDA can do what Mendes started with, but hold it for longer. RDA seems to have a solid gas tank.
RDA is a much more complete fighter than both Mendes and Conor. I DO use the Mendes fight as a measuring stick slightly for this fight, but I also think that as helpless as Conor was from his back, he will be equally as helpless in the clinch with a monster like RDA who has ridiculous core strength to go with his technique and bottomless cardio. I don't see RDA shooting doubles on Conor like Mendes did, but I do see him securing a clinch, overwhelming him and taking him down from there. RDA's relentless pressure, strength and ability to hold position will be the deciding factor in this fight. RDA won't go for hailmary guillotines and give up position like Mendes did. He's a true "position before submission" guy. Pettis' bottom game is lightyears ahead of McGregor's and he couldn't do shit off of his back but lay there and take a face battering asswhooping.

Fan of both.

Pro tip: if you find the drama bothers you then stay away from it and just watch the guys fight. I do this for Luke Rockhold, I like him much better if I don't read threads about him on Sherdog and look at his dickish tiger-testicle pictures and just watch him fight. You can be a Conor fan without eating up everything he says.

Fan of both.

Pro tip: if you find the drama bothers you then stay away from it and just watch the guys fight. I do this for Luke Rockhold, I like him much better if I don't read threads about him on Sherdog and look at his dickish tiger-testicle pictures and just watch him fight. You can be a Conor fan without eating up everything he says.

You're right, you're right, but with Conor it's harder than most to tune out. It's like a neighbor that has the leafblower, chainsaw, and crying kid going 24/7.

I have the impression sometimes that if Conor had the same success he's had in his fights, the same KOs and everything, without the acting to come along with it, he would be as popular as he is anyway or maybe even more.

You're right, you're right, but with Conor it's harder than most to tune out. It's like a neighbor that has the leafblower, chainsaw, and crying kid going 24/7.

Well....staying off Sherdog would be a necessary step too. I feel ya.

I love a shit talker who backs it up. The dude is fun to watch.

I don't watch as many videos of him as some of you guys. I really like Watching him fight. Him and Aldo are two of my favorite fighters and I would root for Aldo again but I'd be rooting for Connor far more than I would root against him.
Skinny jeans and huge hand bags I am not s fan of however.

Back