Would you pick Robbie over Wonderboy?

Robbie Lawler vs Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson

• Total voters

BjPenn2016FW

delete this account
Banned
Reaction score
Would you pick Robbie?

I mean how is Robbie going to beat Wonder boy? Does he have enough to take him down and keep him there?

Ellenberger was able to drop Wonderboy with a right hand maybe Robbie could strike with him?

I just dont see any way Stephen Thompson wouldnt be the heavy favorite

tumblr_ng78rgZ8Ts1qet273o1_540.jpg

Last edited:
Need to first know how Rory is going to look in his next fight.

I mean how is Robbie going to beat Wonder boy? Does he have enough to take him down and keep him there?

Ellenberger was able to drop Wonderboy with a right hand maybe Robbie could strike with him?

I just dont see any way Stephen Thompson wouldnt be the heavy favorite

Can a Mod add a poll for me?

Robbie Lawler
vs
Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson

Yes. Robbie will be able to keep the range very close, very much in thompson's face the whole fight. Thompson loses every fight if he's unable to utilize his kicks.

Would Robbie win? I'm not sure but I'd pick Robbie to do a better job than Hendricks did.

Another champ goes down in embarrassing fashion

Robbie will do better then Hendricks.

Lawler has no problem taking a few to land one. That could equal disaster but at least he would go after Thompson.

Hendricks looked like a deer in headlights after he failed his first take down.

You don't need a mod to make a poll...

Lawler gets lit up and most likely KO'd before championship rounds.

Robbie is a major spoiler and has a serious terminator mode. Lawler v Rory will live in my memory forever I think. That said I still think Thompson has what it takes to wear the belt and to do so verses Lawler.

Yes. Robbie will be able to keep the range very close, very much in thompson's face the whole fight. Thompson loses every fight if he's unable to utilize his kicks.
I think Lawler can win if he fights like Brown did. Stay right on top of Thompson and take him down as often as possible.

Hard to pick against Wonderboy after his distraction of Hendricks a few days ago. Robbie is a brawler and I wouldn't count him out but hard to pick against Thompson.

Robbie all will bring it to WB. Heart, determination, willpower, and extreme tolerance for pain. He's also very powerful snd capable of landing damaging strikes on anyone. He's a scary dude. I think WB is more skilled though and could very well take the belt with s TKO. I kind of hate the fight because I like both fighters a lot.

No! Robbie likes to have wars and smiles when he gets hit flush. He wouldn't be smiling at Wonderboy. He'd be sleeping. If I were confident that Lawler would use his wrestling, then the answer is yes, I think he would win. But I don't think he would. Robbie doesn't have the greatest fight IQ there is to say the very least. I think he'd trade and end up regretting it. You're never gonna get a war on the feet with Wonderboy. You're gonna get your teeth knocked out. He's beyond the whole trading in the pocket style.

One of those fights that's a little tough to call, but I would expect Robbie to be way more aggressive than Hendricks. Hendricks just looked mentally defeated very quickly.

Who knows, it will be a good scrap though.

I thought Hendricks said it all at the press conference. Something about "I fight like Robbie Lawler. When you hit me, I like to bite down and hit you back" or some such crap. They are too similar. Maybe Lawler would learn a thing or two from Hendricks' fight, but most likely I see it pretty similar.

Back