Dominick Cruz bashes USADA for IV ban

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Also blames fighters who don't know how to cut weight and passing out for USADA trying to stop weight cutting.

Interviewer should have asked him about the California dehydration ban.

Eh, its dumb that fighters cut weight to fight someone their own size.

I like Dom, but he's wrong. Massive weight cuts should have no place in the sport. If he's talking about wrestling, great, bring in the weight cutting regulations that are in place in amateur wrestling, which don't exist in MMA. Hydration testing, establishing a minimum safe weight for each fighter...

USADA has an IV ban for PED masking reasons, not because of the weight cut.

\getting around the iv ban as easy as cutting the tag off a mattress

Fight people your own size

I hate watching two 170 fighters fight when they each weigh 190+

Lol he's going to have to move up to 145 soon.

Sooo he's upset that he can't dehydrate himself to the point of needing an IV? What I got from this is he's afraid of 145ers.

I like Dom and he is a very intelligent fighter, but I don't agree with anything he said. He even said that being able to cut a lot of weight is part what makes you a champion, I'm sorry but that's bullshit. He said himself that he learned how to perfect the weight cut with years learning about his body and struggling, that shouldn't be necessary in the first place for someone to fight.

Today, the guy who wins fights is one part "best fighter" and one part "best weight cutter".

I wish I could just see who the best fighters are. Other skills should not be rewardes inside the ring.

I like Dom, but he's wrong. Massive weight cuts should have no place in the sport. If he's talking about wrestling, great, bring in the weight cutting regulations that are in place in amateur wrestling, which don't exist in MMA. Hydration testing, establishing a minimum safe weight for each fighter...

USADA has an IV ban for PED masking reasons, not because of the weight cut.
Removing the excessive weight cutting is a bonus however.

\getting around the iv ban as easy as cutting the tag off a mattress

WY3lX.gif

hahaha, love pissed off cruz

also, inc 10 tests a week by USADA

Last edited:
the weight cut is just plain stupid. It's a game theory problem called the Nash equilibrium. If everyone just stopped weight-cutting and fought in their proper weight class, they'd all be better off. But as soon as anyone broke the deal, that individual would be better off. So everyone has to do it. Stupid.

Cruz blew his ACL by the end of this interview

Huge weight cutters need to stop trying to garner sympathy. It comes off as pathetic. LOL at trying to sell weight cutting as some kind of great part of the fighting game.

Back