DC has NO chance against Jon

BucktoothBeauty

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Rewatched DC vs Jones and Gus both. Now commentators are saying that DC faded against Jones but proved he has a gas tank against Gus. But watching them fight that isn't true at all; DC fought a 3 rnd paced fight against Jon hoping to get the KO and to nullify the reach. He just worked his tank empty being explosive in the clinch.

Which brings me to reason he won't beat Jon. Jon completely dominated him in the clinch. DC's favorite technique, the uppercut with the right while the left pulls down on the head which worked so well against Gus, only worked a handful of times against Jon. Jon dug his head into the collar bone of DC's left side and opened up with elbows and knees. Any time he lost that position he immediately broke and covered up from DC's overhand right. DC had no answer.

TLDR
Jones beats DC in the clinch, and uses effective kicks at distance. DC has no answer to this and showed no improvement in Gus fight.

Full head of hair DC crushes Coca Cola jones.

B6Xs8sCCEAAUE19.jpg

cormier_hendo_ragdoll.gif

If he can avoid the eye pokes, Jon has no chance to win. He can't win without eye pokes

Exactly.

DC will get kicked and punched 5 or 6 times before he gets into the clinch, only to be stalemated.

A pace he cannot hold.

Very similar to Cain vs Werdum.

DC needs to avoid Jones at all cost. If Jones moves to HW he should stay at LHW and if Jones stays at LHW then DC needs to go back to HW.

Jones will be slower and I'm assuming less creative without the drugs and DC will win this time around

Saying any elite fighter has no chance against another elite fighter is silly.

I do think that DC has a huge uphill battle to avenge the loss though. I haven't seen any improvements in his last 2 fights that will make him more effective against Jones in the rematch.

Not sure why people think Jones dominated DC, sure he beat him but it was very competitive

Exactly.

DC will get kicked and punched 5 or 6 times before he gets into the clinch, only to be stalemated.

A pace he cannot hold.

Very similar to Cain vs Werdum.

That is why DC was winning the last time until the eye pokes

Jones just has his number, it's a shame really. DC is the champ the UFC deserves but JJ is the champ it needs.

I actually watched the fight, and Jones won the rounds but he didn't dominate them, DC made him work for them.

No way anyone can watch that fight and say it was an easy fight for Jones

Not sure why people think Jones dominated DC, sure he beat him but it was very competitive
I didn't see it that way either. He clearly won, but to say whipped DC's ass is an exaggeration. I thought DC was doing really well until he made it about securing takedowns when he was gassing himself out trying for them and clearly needed a finish by round 5.

DC was 1-4 or 2-3 against jones
He also was a nervous wreck

Jones is adding muscle so who knows how his tank hold up

DC has a ok chance to win

Rewatched DC vs Jones and Gus both. Now commentators are saying that DC faded against Jones but proved he has a gas tank against Gus. But watching them fight that isn't true at all; DC fought a 3 rnd paced fight against Jon hoping to get the KO and to nullify the reach. He just worked his tank empty being explosive in the clinch.

Which brings me to reason he won't beat Jon. Jon completely dominated him in the clinch. DC's favorite technique, the uppercut with the right while the left pulls down on the head which worked so well against Gus, only worked a handful of times against Jon. Jon dug his head into the collar bone of DC's left side and opened up with elbows and knees. Any time he lost that position he immediately broke and covered up femq DC's overhand right. DC had no answer.

TLDR
Jones beats DC in the clinch, and uses effective kicks at distance. DC has no answer to this and showed no improvement in Gus fight.
You could be right. But you need to consider that DC is now a world champ. This does something to a fighter. His mindset is totally evolved now. This can make the all the difference. Roger Federer said something like once he had won his first title he changed. He began to think like a winner. So I believe DC may very well bring a tennis racquet into the Octagon and hit Bones flush in the kipper.....

DC should fake a bruised rib 2 weeks before fight night

Back