Yoel Romero's Violent Past

DaleyChamp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

(3-15-00)

When asked about what Tim Kennedy, Bisping and others have been saying about him. He replied that they are asking for the old Romero, who wasn't a very nice guy and did bad things. Yet another reason to make him seem hypocritical for all his constant religious speals when he was a criminal in former life.

He said he doesn't talk as much as McGregor but hes way more dangerous to mess with.

No for making geigh jesus angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

No offense intended TS but not too fussed about back stories. Rate it along 'x' looks good threads or divorces etc..

I don't carry a large amount of emotional attachment to the fighters as I don't know em

so if someone was once a "criminal" they must always be a "criminal"? yeah thats what we need, people who live constantly in their mistakes and never try to change.

nice logic TS you goof. im sure your track record in life is spotless huh?

He replied that they are asking for the old Romero, who wasn't a very nice guy and did bad things. Yet another reason to make him seem hypocritical for all his constant religious speals when he was a criminal in former life.

i don't think you understand the word hypocrisy

Communist Cuba doesn't breed pussies.

This pleases Gay Jesus.

Like anyone is going to take two career long gatekeepers serious in anything they say.

Don't know if it's muscle envy, his personal beliefs, or just that fact that he's dominated the MMA game in a relatively short amount of time after both Bisping and Kennedy have accomplished nothing in nearly 3 decades of being involved in the sport combined.

Stop being salty and move on.

Not a fan of Conor but he was right when he said "Winners focus on winning and Losers focus on winners"

I'm not religious but you are saying that you don't believe in redemption and that maybe religion turned his life around.

(3-15-00)

When asked about what Tim Kennedy, Bisping and others have been saying about him. He replied that they are asking for the old Romero, who wasn't a very nice guy and did bad things. Yet another reason to make him seem hypocritical for all his constant religious speals when he was a criminal in former life.

He said he doesn't talk as much as McGregor but hes way more dangerous to mess with.

Troubled pasts are often the reason some find Jesus later in life, so I don't think this makes Yoel a hypocrite.

i'm jewish but i think that's a big part of being christian, not a hypocritical element. the teachings of jesus have made him better. all power to him and his beliefs

this makes me like him even more. he's like some regular guy trying to make his way but has some badass past ready to come out if someone fucks with his family or something, like many christians

shit's hot. i'd love for him to stand up for me at a bar or something :rolleyes:

Fans-self-gif-glee_fans_self_fansself_fanself.gif

Yet another reason to make him seem hypocritical for all his constant religious speals when he was a criminal in former life.

That doesn't remotely make him seem hypocritical.

Asking for forgiveness for past sins, often coupled with a desire to speak openly about faith is pretty common.

(3-15-00)

Put handbag down. People make mistakes before turning to god

He becomes more badass every damm time

i'm jewish but i think that's a big part of being christian, not a hypocritical element. the teachings of jesus have made him better. all power to him and his beliefs

this makes me like him even more. he's like some regular guy trying to make his way but has some badass past ready to come out if someone fucks with his family or something

Like in David Cronenberg's A History of Violence?

(3-15-00)

This post is failing in so many different ways it has to be a record.

(3-15-00)

So the fact that he was a rough guy when he was young means he can't be a Christian now without being a hypocrite?

Last edited:
Yoel is an amazing fighter. However he has been popped for an as of yet unnamed substance. Yoel is claiming that what he took was contaminated and that this substance wasn't listed on the label of ingredients. Well, we've certainly heard this before haven't we. Doesn't mean what Yoel says isn't true, but I'm skeptical of Yoel's claims to say the least.

Now to the issue of Brunson, Bisping, and Kennedy. What do people want them to do? Lay down and accept that a man who violated the rules beat them? There is a lot at stake in every fight within the UFC. If Yoel cheated, and I lean towards he did, then he should be shamed and repeatedly called out by those he stole from. He stole their money, their chance to rise in the rankings, and potentially a title shot. I'm not sure that one can be called "salty" when what they lost is considered. A fine line for sure and hopefully Yoel isn't a victim of bad luck.

Like in David Cronenberg's A History of Violence?

i was thinking more the priest (bob hoskins) in a prayer for the dying, what with the christian element (film adaptation of a jack higgins novel--check it out!)

Back