Can somebody explain me how Manuwa is top-10?

CobraCobretti

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I was just reading Sherdog's rankings and they have Jimi Manuwa at #10.

I know you should take those rankings with a grain of salt but I just cannot understand this.

Can somebody explain me what Manuwa has done to earn that spot or is 205 really just that bad?

Lost to absolute legends,no shame in that

ufc's light heavyweight division is as shallow as their heavyweight division.

who would you place ahead of manuwa? rampage? shogun? rashad?

edit: didn't realize shogun and rashad were already in ufc's top 10 rankings- i was looking at sherdog's top 10.

Last edited:
Survived 1 round with Rumble, so there's that.

lol. lhw does look messed up. even looking at the top 15.

speaking of jimi manuwa, recently watched this and noticed him in it

0:15

is 205 really just that bad?

Yes, it's the shallowest male division and possibly shallowest division period.

ufc's light heavyweight division is as shallow as their heavyweight division.

who would you place ahead of manuwa? rampage? shogun? rashad?

They all already are ranked ahead of him and he's still top 10.

definitely a ghost division now outside of the few top guys. no one else at lhw has made a name for themselves and are relatively unknowns or "unproven" with no marquee wins. add to that the exodus of machida years ago, hendo at 185, the absence of rampage. ufc needs new 205 stars soon.

Because 205 turned into a hot mess. "Top" fighters all got old or moved to MW (or both?). There's a significant lack of talent in the division, and just like HW, what talent is there is getting old.

They all already are ranked ahead of him and he's still top 10.

ah my bad- i was looking at sherdog's 205 lb rankings.

so even better- who would be number 10 instead of manuwa?

It speaks volumes about how weak LHW is. One decent win (Blackawitz) gets you in the top 10.

Look at Gustafsson's record for another example of how weak LHW is. And that's a guy who has had two title shots and will almost certainly get another one.

Manuwa was never a top 10 fighter. It was only a farce put forth in order to make Gus look like he was good or did something special.

Manuwa was starched in quick fashion by Rumble as Rumble made quick work of Gus as well.

It speaks volumes about how weak LHW is. One decent win (Blackawitz) gets you in the top 10.

Look at Gustafsson's record for another example of how weak LHW is. And that's a guy who has had two title shots and will almost certainly get another one.

He was top 10 before fighting Jan based solely on his record and there not being any better choice to put there lol.

Jon Bones done handled that entire division so it looks crappy now.

the hot topics are Holly, Joanna, Conor Mcgregor, welterweight division, middleweight division, Bones Jones, and heavyweight.

Manuwa is a good fighter he is just constantly injured

Back