Thompson deserves Lawler or #1 Contender's

• Thread starter Deleted member 479811
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 479811

Sorry bros. Hendricks was the actual WW champ and anyone who wasn't blinded by hatred for his obnoxious squeaky voice chanting Nawmean knew this to be true, and Thompson just dispatched him with ease inside the first round.

Anything less than the champ is an insult.

Wonderboy Vs Woodley or Condit for #1 contender sound good to me. wouldn't give him Lawler right away

Wonderboy Vs Woodley or Condit for #1 contender sound good to me. wouldn't give him Lawler right away
Right away? Dude is on a 6 fight win streak and dispatched the most credible champion in WW division.

He can't jump over Woodley because of the win streak Tyron put together over the past year. He's beat a "who's who" of the Welterweight division. Going further back, that split decision win over Kelvin Gastelum was really something, if you can remember that long ago. And he arguably deserved to beat Rory MacDonald too.

Right away? Dude is on a 6 fight win streak and dispatched the most credible champion in WW division.
who this guy fought in this 6 fight win streak? nah son burrell, whitaker, coté, clement, 5 fight losing streak ellenberger, please. matt brown had a 8 fight win streak and didn't get the title shot! (btw thompson was part of that streak) no title shot for him yet!

who this guy fought in this 6 fight win streak? nah son burrell, whitaker, coté, clement, 5 fight losing streak ellenberger, please. matt brown had a 8 fight win streak and didn't get the title shot! (btw thompson was part of that streak) no title shot for him yet!

Ellenberger was #9 at the time. Whittaker is no fucking joke ad a trophy of a win for anybody. Cote is an accomplished fighter who is a great name on his resume. Oh... and he just beat HENDRICKS. Son.

with an actual ko over hendricks he is the most credible contender now
woodley best win was condit on a two fight losing streak 2 years ago, he has some good wins but thompson just ko hendricks in the first round, was more active and his last loss was 4 years ago (woodley lost 3 times in that period)
stephen deserve it more even if woodley got fucked royally by hendricks

He KOed Johny and barely broke a sweat! Give him a title shot.

Who the fucks this Woodley guy?! Stop bitching and get in the cage dude.

LOL at people saying not Lawler not yet. Thompson was on some Anderson Silva next level shit the other night.

I would bet my house on Rory beating Wonderboy... One great fight and everybody think it's a new era in WW... -_-'

I like what your saying but who would Lawler fight meanwhile. Or just have him wait or fight Miaia.

I would bet my house on Rory beating Wonderboy... One great fight and everybody think it's a new era in WW... -_-'
That would be an awesome fight
And yes, I believe Rory would win

That's the problem with flukey rankings and DW opening his mouth.

Woodley did put on a nice streak that included beating Gastellum (him and Tumerov are the future of the division), messing up DHK's winning streak, beating Condit (no matter how it happened), and losing a decision McDonald. Plus I had Woodley beating Hendricks but it's not Woodley's fault the scale did it first. I do think the full diva mode he went in isn't a good look though.

Maia - former title contender who Andersen didn't want to any piece of him on the ground. 7-2 in his last 9 including a 4 fight win streak. Losses include a FOTY candidate against Shields and Rory McDonald. Going to probably beat the last man to beat Wonderboy. And he's the best ground guy in mma period. At least top 5 (Jacare, Werdum, Shields, Palhares other 4 imo). I think he's the biggest threat to the whole division.

Wonderboy - been on an absolute tear. Only loss has been to Matt Brown. Stopped Clements, Ellenberger, Whittaker (I would love to see a rematch @ 185), and Hendricks. Cote win is looking better and better everyday. Fan friendly style who using skills that most people wrote off (side stance/primary karate user) as being inapplicable to mma. New kid on the block.

The only reason I say give Woodley the shot is because we heard it out of DW's mouth that he was next in line after the Hendricks's taubacle. Plus if he beats Hendricks than we're not even having this conversation. But this is the UFC and it's about money/entertainment.

If I had the power
Lawler vs Woodley
Maia (if he gets the W over Brown) vs WB
Condit vs McDonald 2

So much depends on several crazy variables right now.

Lawler, when does he want to fight again? I heard he wanted some time off after his Condit War.

Condit, is he retiring if he doesn't get his Lawler rematch? If true, he'll probably get a Lawler rematch.

GSP, is the man coming back? If so, when? Will he take a fight before a title fight or go straight for the title?

Diaz, the UFC has a hardon for him so he'll get whatever he wants. What does he want though? What will the UFC give him?

Without these answers, it's hard to put a fight together for Wonderboy that isn't Woodley right now.

Back