What fights should be added to 196

VroomyJeeps

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Now that Penn is moved to 197 what fights should be added to 196 to make the card better?

Right now its very top heavy with the only two PPV worthy fights as the main and co main event.

Even though it would probably sell with Connor and Holly its looking pretty meh as a whole.

What would you add?

It's difficult for any of us to predict what fights could be added because it's such short notice. We don't know what fighters are willing to fight in less than 4 weeks from now.

With it less than a month away I have a feeling the main card is already complete with Nunes/Shevchenko and Anderson/Lawlor and either Silva/Taleb or Latifi/Villante making the main card. I'm expecting 1 or 2 more fights to be announced, but I would bet they'll likely be prelim fights. I hope I'm wrong. Still a sick card though even if no more big fights do get added. Nunes/Shevchenko is without a doubt a PPV fight, winner could potentially fight the title with a win.

Main Card:
Rafael dos Anjos vs Conor McGregor
Holly Holm vs Miesha Tate
Ricardo Lamas vs Charles Oliveira
Corey Anderson vs Tom Lawlor
Erick Silva vs Nordine Taleb

FS1 Prelims:
Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko
Darren Elkins vs Chas Skelly
Illr Latifi vs Gian Villante
Vitor Miranda vs Marcelo Guimaraes

Fight Pass Prelims:
Diego Sanchez vs Jim Miller
Joe Soto vs Roman Salazar
Justin Salas vs Jason Saggo

Main Card:
Rafael dos Anjos vs Conor McGregor
Holly Holm vs Miesha Tate
Ricardo Lamas vs Charles Oliveira
Corey Anderson vs Tom Lawlor
Erick Silva vs Nordine Taleb

FS1 Prelims:
Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko
Darren Elkins vs Chas Skelly
Illr Latifi vs Gian Villante
Vitor Miranda vs Marcelo Guimaraes

Fight Pass Prelims:
Diego Sanchez vs Jim Miller
Joe Soto vs Roman Salazar
Justin Salas vs Jason Saggo

is lamas / oliveira rumoured anywhere? its not in mmajunkie or mmaweekly. or is that the fight you're adding?

Corey / Lawler and Silva / Taleb are not ppv worthy so i hope they can add at least 1 more good fight

is lamas / oliveira rumoured anywhere? its not in mmajunkie or mmaweekly. or is that the fight you're adding?

Corey / Lawler and Silva / Taleb are not ppv worthy so i hope they can add at least 1 more good fight

Added Lamas/Oliveira

I feel Corey/Lawlor is a good one to open a PPV. I feel the UFC is trying to push Corey Anderson and Silva/Taleb should be a good quick KO

Added Lamas/Oliveira

I feel Corey/Lawlor is a good one to open a PPV. I feel the UFC is trying to push Corey Anderson and Silva/Taleb should be a good quick KO

oliviera lamas would be good. the other two might end up being good fights i agree, they are just not fights people want on a ppv right now imo.

I think they should open with Rashid Magomedov vs Edson Barbosa or Evan Dunham.

Another card that cant afford to lose its headliner. Kind of disapointed at the overall card honestly.

Is Oliveira vs Lamas official for UFC 196?

Back