Filthy Tom Lawlor: OK with Reebok financials

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
On his audio with Bryan Alvarez yesterday, Filthy was asked how much was his biggest sponsorship ever for a fight.
He said he was due to get between $12-15k once, but the guy he went through screwed him over and he never got a dime (Zuffa since banned the guy).
He said that he is getting close to what he would have got now, but has no worry about never getting the money or the hassle of finding sponsors.
He said he disliked the way the uniforms look though.

Super duper.

Sucks he got screwed over but this guy is a prelim fighter and the only two fights of his I can remember are the Carmont and Cote fights which were incredibly dull, he's not a guy people were probably knocking down the door to sponsor.

When you're more famous for your weigh ins than your fights that pretty much tells you everything you need to know.

If he was only getting $12-15K per fight, he should have hired a better manager.

460389492-cutman-jacob-stitch-duran-poses-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

Reebok Bless

Sucks he got screwed over but this guy is a prelim fighter and the only two fights of his I can remember are the Carmont and Cote fights which were incredibly dull, he's not a guy people were probably knocking down the door to sponsor.

When you're more famous for your weigh ins than your fights that pretty much tells you everything you need to know.
He Ko'd Villante not a long time ago and got a bonus too

Isn't the payscale based off how much fights UFC they have had?

He won 4 bonuses (performance, KO, fight & submission). He is an exciting fighter that brings it

Probably the guy that suffered the most in terms of walkouts and weigh ins because of the deal... I guess he's had quite a lot of fights too so if he wasn't a business man sponsorship wise then who maybe it's one less thing to worry about.

Hard not to feel sorry for most of them though.

Probably the guy that suffered the most in terms of walkouts and weigh ins because of the deal... I guess he's had quite a lot of fights too so if he wasn't a business man sponsorship wise then who maybe it's one less thing to worry about.

Hard not to feel sorry for most of them though.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't sticking up for the deal. He was just honest.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't sticking up for the deal. He was just honest.

I do not have you wrong, homie... Just read down the thread and that's my take at this point...

Funny how little difference there is between Tom Lawler and Tim Kennedy, and yet so much at the same time... One decent winstreak with some tasty knockouts and a good speech afterwards and it's suddenly red panty night every night... Until that point it's financial purgatory.

I do not have you wrong, homie... Just read down the thread and that's my take at this point...

Funny how little difference there is between Tom Lawler and Tim Kennedy, and yet so much at the same time... One decent winstreak with some tasty knockouts and a good speech afterwards and it's suddenly red panty night every night... Until that point it's financial purgatory.

I was just stating it since I did not make that clear in my initial post.
He has been openly critical of how reebok has run the events.
I just thought it was interesting that he was honest about being ripped off because Dana brought that up as a positive for the deal and hardly anybody publicly admitted it happened.

I was just stating it since I did not make that clear in my initial post.
He has been openly critical of how reebok has run the events.
I just thought it was interesting that he was honest about being ripped off because Dana brought that up as a positive for the deal and hardly anybody publicly admitted it happened.

I was stating your statement did not understate your stance on the state of the situation.
I also have to think that he's not making dat Schaub money behind the scenes, so maybe it's best if he keeps his mouth reasonably well closed about it at this point, or they'll make him job to some new killer instead of giving him the reasonably cushty ride he's been ok so far.

Tim Kennedy Rips Reebok Deal, Made More Than Whole UFC FN73 Card in Sponsorships

Mid-tier / semi-known fighters like Tim Kennedy used to make per fight more than an entire card of Reebok pay. :D

I'm not even talking about about sponsorships like Jones' (Nike), Anderson Silva (Nike/Burger King), or Mighty Mouse (Microsoft Xbox).

Reebok Bless

Yep it pretty much varies from fighter to fighter. I think Masvidal said he was making more with the rebook deal. Mighty Mouse is losing money but at the same time he said he likes that his coach doesn't have to focus on that stuff anymore and can just focus on training. I think overall most fighters lost money but there was some that didn't and I remember hearing about other fighters never getting their sponsorship money as well in the past.

Yep it pretty much varies from fighter to fighter. I think Masvidal said he was making more with the rebook deal. Mighty Mouse is losing money but at the same time he said he likes that his coach doesn't have to focus on that stuff anymore and can just focus on training. I think overall most fighters lost money but there was some that didn't and I remember hearing about other fighters never getting their sponsorship money as well in the past.

Basically, business-sawwy fighters and bankable names were screwed. That's some reverse meritocracy kind of shit. And I'm sure Mighty Mouse was saying that in order not to draw the ire of the UFC brass. Being sponsored by Microsoft is no small deal.

Back