Lineker vs Garbrandt

tnsinga

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Looking forward to this match-up, who wins and why?

I don't know who wins. It should be a striking match but I worry about Garbrandt not engaging in fear of Lineker's power. He didn't look great against Briones. It has the potential to be a great fight though. I care about it more than the main event. It's one of the weird stylistic matchups where the taller fighter (Garbrandt) has less reach than his opponent. Lineker not only has huge power but an iron chin too. Garbrandt is probably the better striker but I don't think he has Lineker's power. It could go either way and I'm really curious to see what happens.

I can see Lineker starching him, 2nd round.

Garbrandt likes to brawl and, as Francisco Rivera can attest brawling with John Lineker doesn't end up well for you. Stick and move, mixing in takedowns would be a good strategy, but I think that Garbrandt won't execute it for very long. Lineker by TKO, round 2.

Garbrandt. I'm actually surprised he's the underdog here
giphy.gif

Garbrandt gets hit on the chin alot i see Lineker putting him out when he trys to brawl

I like Garbrandt and suspect i'll be rooting for him but it is very hard to not envision Lineker taking this one.

Garbrandt. Effective game planning, straight punches and mix up his kicks and takedowns. Lineker actually holds the reach advantage in this fight but he doesn't use his reach well at all and that in the end will most likely be his downfall. Lineker beats guys who are willing to engage in an all out brawl with him, Garbrandt should be a bit too clever for that.

Garbrandt for me, I think if he can keep calm and not engage in a war with Lineker he should win. Mixing up the boxing and moving with grappling he should be able to see him off.

If he goes uber alpha and tries to exchange with Lineker I imagine he will get ko'd.

Lineker.

I'm not sure what Garbrandt has done to deserve a fight with John Lineker. Lineker was a Top 5 Flyweight, and should now be a consensus Top 10 Bantamweight. Garbrandt doesn't even have 10 fights yet, and nothing anywhere close to a Top 20 win, let alone Top 10.

Lineker should be fighting Jimmie Rivera, Thomas Almeida, or Aljamain Sterling. Fellow young BW's who are actually Top 10 fighters.

Garbrandt is supposed to have decent wrestling and grappling, and that is the only path to victory I see for him. He gets hit too much to keep it standing vs Lineker. I think Lineker takes it, but I'll be rooting for Garbrandt

Funny how most casuals do not know a fighter, so they repeat what others say and yet sound clueless in the end.. #sherdogatitsfinest

Garbrandt is a better wrestler than he is striker. Cody should know when to and when to not engage seeing as how Lineker isn't a very good defensive grappler and is a small BW.

Only way Lineker wins is if Cody some how doesn't put 2 and 2 together and decides to fight too stationary or try to trade blows which I'm sure his coaches will drill it in his head ober and over to not firefight with him.

Back