Cody Garbrandt on teammates training with Dillashaw and Ludwig.

Agree with him?

• Total voters

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
"F**k no. I would never go to Elevation," Garbrandt said. "No, I wouldn’t, I wouldn’t go there. You know, (Joseph Benavidez and Lance Palmer are) going out there and training with TJ -- they have previous relationships with him so it’s whatever -- but they’re going to come back and train with us in the team? I don’t know how well that’s going to go over."

"You know, I’ll probably end up fighting TJ in my career, so I guess I’ll focus on this fight and I guess we’ll have to talk about that when it comes. You know, they’ll continue to train with TJ, basically the enemy, and Duane and all those guys, so I don’t know."

"You know, I don’t really try to focus on that too much this camp. I know they’ve gone out there, and I’ve had Lance corner me my last four fights. He’s from Ohio, he’s my boy, he’s like one of my good friends, but it’s like, at the end of the day you’re going to go out there and help that dude? You know what I mean? You’re going to go out and help that dude that’s not even on the team - I understand they have a friendship and whatever, this and that - but you know, I don’t feel comfortable with it. But hey, I’m focusing on myself. I’m doing what I need to do to win this fight and further my career, so that’s all I have to worry about."

Last edited:
He's still young and immature, I'm sure he'll get it someday.

Can't see how its a big deal.

Lot of high school girl stuff coming out of 'alpha male'

Garbrandt from some of the statements he's been making over the last few months, seems like mental strength could be a weakness. Seems like an extremely emotional guy, don't know whether that's a positive or a negative.

Don't see him beating Lineker however, so could be a while till TJ's an option

Lol this guy will never fight with TJ

"oh i feel so uncomfortable" - harden the fuck up

"F**k no. I would never go to Elevation," Garbrandt said. "No, I wouldn’t, I wouldn’t go there. You know, (Joseph Benavidez and Lance Palmer are) going out there and training with TJ -- they have previous relationships with him so it’s whatever -- but they’re going to come back and train with us in the team? I don’t know how well that’s going to go over.""You know, I’ll probably end up fighting TJ in my career, so I guess I’ll focus on this fight and I guess we’ll have to talk about that when it comes. You know, they’ll continue to train with TJ, basically the enemy, and Duane and all those guys, so I don’t know."

"You know, I don’t really try to focus on that too much this camp. I know they’ve gone out there, and I’ve had Lance corner me my last four fights. He’s from Ohio, he’s my boy, he’s like one of my good friends, but it’s like, at the end of the day you’re going to go out there and help that dude? You know what I mean? You’re going to go out and help that dude that’s not even on the team - I understand they have a friendship and whatever, this and that - but you know, I don’t feel comfortable with it. But hey, I’m focusing on myself. I’m doing what I need to do to win this fight and further my career, so that’s all I have to worry about."

Wasn't he ready to get his ass handed to him by McGregor over TJ cause he was "...his boy?" Story shifted pretty fast. What the hell is up with that? If he was as close to TJ as he portrayed in The Ultimate Fighter, wouldn't they still be friends? He doesn't seem like he's going to stop being friends with Lance Palmer for going out there and training. Also, why aren't these guys getting the shaft from Faber like TJ did? Their allowed to come back?

"The enemy" That's some basic thinking right there. You're all adult athletes who play the same sport; they don't need to be your enemy. Did anyone notice how Demian Maia choked Magny out and then trained with Magny and offered him advice? that's how martial artists and mature sportsman should aspire to be. This "enemy" bullshit is bringing men back to the stone ages.

Oh well. What ever works for him.

Garbrandt is a good boxer and wrestler, he doesn't really need team elevation. He has good sparring partners at TAM and a more technical boxing than TJ anyway.

Sounds like Faber's found a ride or die bitch.

He's not wrong, but it's a bit dramatic. The whole 2 camp thing is strange and causes a lot of problems for a division that's not exactly talent ripe. A lot of the elite guys came from TAM, and now that it's wishy washy, what happens? Will they fight each other? Train at the facility when they don't have fights against each other? Move full time? Just kind of an odd situation.

hes making a perfectly good point

you have a close teamate and training partner whos also training with a guy you think you might fight in less than a year.

conflict of interest there

He's a young fighter who hasn't really made a name for himself, of course the pack mentality is going to be strong with him.

Sigh...
On fight night, it's just you and tour opponent in the cage.
In MMA it should be understood that an individual may not stay with one team forever. Its very common NOW for fighters to move around and train with different camps. Different coaches, styles, and training partners strengthen fighters. It may suck, but No one should take a guy leaving to better himself as a personal slight.
You might have to fight that guy someday, but it shouldn't be personal. This is the fight game, not tag team matches at Wrestlemania.

Back