Only 9 fights for UFC 196?

Looks like 8 to me.

Go tweet Dana about this and see what he says.

Because RDA,Mac & Holm purse money will take up about 75% of the payroll? I really have no clue

Well you got 2 fights possible going 25 minutes each.. maybe thats a reason, idk

Don't worry. They'll fill it out with guys you've never heard of. Maybe a couple soccer moms, if we're lucky.

That's 8. It's 10 if you include the 2 rumored fights of Miranda/Magrao and Latifi/Villante. BJ Penn would have made it 11.

Since it won't have BJ, it's looking pretty weak. The title fights are great, Nunes/Shevchenko and Miller/Sanchez are good, then there's 4 okay fights and a couple of fights I don't give a shit about.

It isn't that bad but I'm used to Conor being on great cards after 189 and especially 194. I hope they add 1 or 2 more fights.

It also feels like it needs another main card quality fight, imo.

I'm not sure. It might just be a standardized thing where they assume that all events will have 12 fights but I dont think the UFC has to.

On the MMA Hour Ariel said that they were close on a fight that would be on the Main Card. Sounded big from the way he was talking about it.

- McGregor vs Dos Anjos
- Holm vs Tate
- ???
- Anderson vs Lawlor
- Nunes vs Valentina

- Latifi vs Vilante
- Silva vs Taleb
- Elkins vs Skelly
- Marcelo vs Miranda

- Sanchez vs Miller
- Saggo vs Salas

Sherdog has 12 slots with 9 and 10 missing making a total of 10 atm; seems like they are going to add 2 decent fights as those are both main card slots.

I think they'll just add 2-3 prelims. Anderson/Lawlor will sneak onto the main and sadly, that other female fight.

Back