Can someone explain the Brown/Thompson fight:

LukeSkyRutten

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't find the fight online but the stats are interesting: Was this a disputed decision?

24her.jpg

Brown had alot of control on the ground and some dominant positions on Thompson. That's where Brown landed most of his strikes. All but a couple of exchanges on the feet heavily favored Wonderboy.

Brown def. won.

Brown put the pressure on him, I think he nearly got stopped though, I've only seen it once when it aired live but I remember he whooped Wonderboy pretty good who hung in there pretty good too.

That was his second fight in the UFC and the UFC did the right thing with him, they gave him years to improve and build and now he looks fantastic.

Wonderboy was winning on the feet. Brown got the takedowns he needed to secure control. There was a few times it looked like Wonderboy would get the upset and then his takedown defense would give out.

You have to watch the fight before you use stats to judge who won the fight. Stats don't tell the whole story.

Brown won soundly, not that Wonderboy didn't have his moments.
Was a very good fight to view live, haven't seen since.

Literally took me less than 5 seconds to find the fight with a google search. See for yourself, TS.

You have to watch the fight before you use stats to judge who won the fight. Stats don't tell the whole story.
Moose vs Machida is a good example of this

Brown dropped Thompson with standing punches at one point and dominated on the ground.

Thompson won majority of the exchanges on the feet, very good fight you should watch it.

Just whatc the damn fight. Wonder boy kicked browns ass in the stand up, brown despartly shot for take downs and rightfully exploited the wonderboys lack of ground game. Jesus just watch the damn fight

Just whatc the damn fight. Wonder boy kicked browns ass in the stand up, brown despartly shot for take downs and rightfully exploited the wonderboys lack of ground game. Jesus just watch the damn fight

do you think he should watch the fight?

Brown said Thompson hurt him really bad on the feet.

But he also showed TDD of a high school wrestler. He's gotten much better since then.

Back