What up with this Nah-Shon Burrell guy giving Wonderboy and Venom such tough fights

DaffodilMcWoozy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Also interesting fact; Andrey Koreshkov, the guy Benson Henderson will be fighting next, ko'd Burrell with a knee and I think he has a very good chance of upsetting Benson.

Benson is far from done, but he does have a tough fight in front of him to get that belt.

30-27 30-27 30-27 30-27 29-28 29-28

Tough fights?

UD is a tough fight? Holloway must've gave Conor a tough fight too, right?

Benson is far from done, but he does have a tough fight in front of him to get that belt.
I don't know man, Dana said he's not a top guy any longer. And nobody knows MMA better than Dana, except MAYBE Goldie. MAYBE.

30-27 30-27 30-27 30-27 29-28 29-28

Tough fights?
If you actually watched the fights, you'd know what the op is talking about.
MVP accomplished absolutely nothing against Burrell. Even though he won, he looked far from spectacular and didn't seem to know what to do when his opponent didn't play directly into his game for once. The strike stats were abysmal for that fight.
http://compustrike.com/new/fight_comparison/2307
Burrell landed more strikes standing against Wonderboy than any other opponent in his career. One of the big reasons Wonderboy won the fight was he got some take downs and good positions. Burrell really worked him in the clinch.

As for why Burrell was able to make these 2 look worse than usual, who knows? I don't think Burrell is a bad fighter but we've seen him get blown out before by the likes of Chris Spang.

If you actually watched the fights, you'd know what the op is talking about.
MVP accomplished absolutely nothing against Burrell. Even though he won, he looked far from spectacular and didn't seem to know what to do when his opponent didn't play directly into his game for once. The strike stats were abysmal for that fight.
http://compustrike.com/new/fight_comparison/2307
Burrell landed more strikes standing against Wonderboy than any other opponent in his career. One of the big reasons Wonderboy won the fight was he got some take downs and good positions. Burrell really worked him in the clinch.

As for why Burrell was able to make these 2 look worse than usual, who knows? I don't think Burrell is a bad fighter but we've seen him get blown out before by the likes of Chris Spang.

Yeah i dont think hes a can but he seems like he's going to be the dangerous journeyman type in his career.

If Burrell had a better camp he would be so much better. He still only 26 and has potential

Page didn't have a tough fight, iirc. He cruised to a UD.

Zuffa zombies may be surprised to hear this, but there is solid talent outside the UFC. Lee Murray is probably one of Anderson's best opponents and would have likely stopped half of the MW top 10 but he never made it to the big show… I could rattle off countless examples of fighters outside the org who are elite.

Didn't lighting lee Murray beat Jorge Rivera in the UFC. Then Tito called him out for talking about the alley fight lol too bad he's in prison for a million years he was a good fighter

Andrey Koreshkov is a phenomenal striker. I would put him top 50 strikers in MMA. wouldn't be surprised if he somehow beat Bendo.

Back