Who has the most heart? - Your top 5

unclemilty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The #1 attribute I enjoy in a fighter is "bushido", or warrior spirit. To me this means valuing violence and spirit over and above winning. I am thinking of the type of fighter who doesn't lose spirit when takin an ass whooping (think, the opposite of say Crocop, Lesnar).

This isn't about beating your opponent; its about not losing to yourself.

My top 5 examples, in no particular order, are:

1) Sakuraba - the epitome of this was his war with Arona (wars with Wand too). He had an excellent quote about his desire to fight rather than stall which brings me to tears.

2) Nogeuria - the beatings he took from Sapp, Crocop, Fedor x 3 ... he had little regard for his health

3) Minowa - I will never forget the ass whooping Rampage put on him - and he got right back up, went cup to cup with Quentin and challenged him to fight at next years event

4) Hunto - When the man says dying in the ring would be an honor, I believe him

5) Lawlor - his wars with MacDonald and Condit serve as a template for digging deep under pressure. His fight with Manhoeff back in the day, same. The staredowns with MacDonald and the following of Hendricks after their second war, epic. As a Toronto native, I can only compare his pressure performance with Jose Bautista's bat flipping ways in the Oct'15 playoffs.

Honorable mention goes to
Diego...
JDS
Paige
Moldonado
Matt Brown
Edgar

I started this thread because I am sure there are even better examples and I would love to hear about them.

Who are your top 5 and why?

(edited for honorable mentions... some fucking gems there!)

Last edited:
And it isn't even close.

cm-punk-profile-1.jpg

Robbie Lawler.
honorable mention for PVZ.

Are the Paige comments serious or not?
Worthy of top 5 ranking, probably not serious, but a lot of heart was displayed in the Rose fight..... atrocious fighting skills but heart none the less.

Any particular fights which highlight Edgar's bushido?
He got ko'd like 3 times in the first round against Maynard in their 2nd fight and came back to get a draw. Unless you put Frankie out, I truly believe he will retire having never been finished.

Not my top 5 but jds worth a mention

Yuki Nakai
Sakuraba
Big Nog
Frankie
Struve

also any chance to post this gif:
tumblr_nqk07i49JG1rr12hoo1_500.gif

Current fighters

Edger
Lawler
PVZ